xbox series s isn’t displaying 120hz at 1440p or 1080p

Discus and support xbox series s isn’t displaying 120hz at 1440p or 1080p in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one s settings for my monitor are at 1440p and 120hz and my monitor settings are set to the same but when i play a game like fortnite it still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by  ‏‏‎ ‎, Feb 13, 2023.

1. xbox series s isn’t displaying 120hz at 1440p or 1080p

My xbox one s settings for my monitor are at 1440p and 120hz and my monitor settings are set to the same but when i play a game like fortnite it still only puts out 60 fp.

My monitor is AOC CQ27GU which supports 144hz at resolution of 1440p

:)

 ‏‏‎ ‎, Feb 13, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

It depends on what resolution your going to play at and the resolution of the tv,

if 4K, you need HDMI 2.1 to get 4K at 120hz refresh rate,

HDMI 2.0 will only allow 4K at 60hz.

if your at 1080p/1440p, HDMI 2.0 will be ok for 120hz refresh rate, however if it is 1080p/1440p i would recommend getting the Xbox Series S as that is aimed at 1080p/1440p.
  3. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

There are a few reasons why your Xbox Series S might not be displaying a 120Hz refresh rate, even though it's enabled in the settings. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the HDMI cable: Make sure the HDMI cable you are using to connect your Xbox Series S to the monitor is compatible with the 1440p resolution and supports a 120Hz refresh rate.

Update the firmware of your monitor: Check to see if there is a firmware update available for your monitor. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

Check the video output settings on your Xbox Series S: Go to "Settings" > "Display and sound" > "Video output" and make sure the output resolution is set to 1440p and the refresh rate is set to 120Hz.

Make sure the game supports 120Hz: Some games may not support a refresh rate higher than 60Hz. Check the game's specifications to see if it supports a 120Hz refresh rate.

Restart your Xbox Series S: Sometimes simply restarting the console can resolve display issues.

If none of these steps help, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your monitor for further assistance.
  4. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  5. robertmccall2 Win User

4K/1440p HDR

Microsoft locked hdr to 4k so if ur monitor dont accept 4k signals ( tick allow 4k box in settings must be selected for hdr) it doesnt work on 1080p 1440p displays usually only if they accept 4k signals. Because microsoft locked it since xbox one s and
    one x. It is hard to understand why they not allow it now because they have xbox series s 1440p 120hz hdr console right?
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
Thema:

1. xbox series s isn’t displaying 120hz at 1440p or 1080p - Similar Threads - series isn’t displaying

2. Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help

in XboX Insiders
    Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help: I been trying to fix an issue with my mic, it won’t work at all but I can hear myself in the mic monitoring but when I go into a party, there’s no output but I can still hear myself on the mic...
  3. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. Xbox series x isn’t working any help would be appreciated

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x isn’t working any help would be appreciated: taking very long to load in then will not show the home screen, (for some reason Home has taken too long to start) tried restarting and turning off still not working any ideas? submitted by...
  6. Xbox one dlc isn’t showing up on my new Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one dlc isn’t showing up on my new Xbox series x: I just got a brand new x box series x and my black ops 1 and 2 dlc are gone and it’s wanting me to purchase them again even though I bought them on my previous xbox one if anybody could help I’d...
  7. Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.: I recently got the series x and I managed to transfer most of my games over to my new Xbox but for some reasons reason the last few games don’t want to install, and when I try the ‘mbps’ doesn’t...
  8. Why isn’t EA FC 24 on my Xbox Series S installing when I bought it directly from FIFA 23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn’t EA FC 24 on my Xbox Series S installing when I bought it directly from FIFA 23?: I bought EA FC 24 on my Xbox Series S directly from FIFA 23 but it’s not installing and when I try again it says I already own the game and I have already tried clearing space but it’s not working...
  9. My Xbox series x isn’t connecting to my tv or controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x isn’t connecting to my tv or controller: I tried moving my Xbox to a different tv in the house and when I did it came up “no signal” on all the hdmi ports. I then tried to move it back to the original tv it was on and same issue. I have...
  10. Xbox series’s x isn’t connecting to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series’s x isn’t connecting to network: Hi, every time I try to connect to my WiFi my Xbox can’t connect with a static ip address or a dns setting. I know the WiFi works on my PlayStation but not my Xbox which is odd. Also on current...