Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games

Discus and support Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with the Prime Video app on Xbox Series S. If I attempt to open or uninstall my Prime Video App, it breaks all other applications and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OverlordKronos9, Jan 13, 2024.

  1. Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games


    I have a problem with the Prime Video app on Xbox Series S.

    If I attempt to open or uninstall my Prime Video App, it breaks all other applications and games on my console.

    The Prime Video app doesn't open or uninstall. When Opening, it remains on the Prime Video splash screen for a while before crashing with' the 'took too long' error. When Uninstalling, I click 'Uninstall' and nothing happens.

    After doing this, attempting to open any other app or game brings up the app/game splash screen before also crashing with' the 'took too long' error.

    To resolve it (temporarily) I have to do a long console restart i.e. hold the xbox button for at least 10 seconds. A short console restart does not solve the issue.

    I'm quite concerned as the problematic app can't be uninstalled. How do I resolve this?

    :)
     
    OverlordKronos9, Jan 13, 2024
    #1
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

    Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games

    Hello OverlordKronos9! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

    Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Prime Video App. As the full power cycle does not work, have you tried resetting the Xbox keeps apps and games, then trying to uninstall it?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

    Amazon Instant Video

    It would help, if you told us which country you're in.

    The Prime Video App is not available on Xbox in all countries. If your country is not (yet) supported, try switching the country and language of your console to English / United Kingdom.

    Then find the Prime Video app in the Xbox App store and download it.

    After the app is installed, switch the console back to your original country and language.
  4. ChristopherJonas Win User

    Amazon prime video

    I fixed the problem. I solved again all of my app, games on my external storage except Amazon prime. And then you have to reboot your Xbox in the settings. Click on delete everything. So that nothing is more saved on it. Then restart, download the update
    and then download prime video again. On my Xbox the prime app is now working !
  5. vicversys Win User

    Amazon Instant Video

    It would help, if you told us which country you're in.

    The Prime Video App is not available on Xbox in all countries. If your country is not (yet) supported, try switching the country and language of your console to English / United Kingdom.

    Then find the Prime Video app in the Xbox App store and download it.

    After the app is installed, switch the console back to your original country and language.
    Thanks for that. I am in Canada, at someone's suggestion I changed my profile to show US but that didn't add the Amazon Prime Video app. On the Xbox interface I see "Go to App Store" but it is greyed out. The Xbox is connected to internet and I have an Xbox
    Live account.
  6. VOG ROB Win User

    Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

    for me it's prime video app and FunimationNow app.
Thema:

Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games - Similar Threads - Series Interacting Prime

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...