XBox Series S - Huge Latency

Discus and support XBox Series S - Huge Latency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there. We 'upgraded' to a Series S a couple of weeks ago from the XBox One. Ever since we've had terrible lag in FIFA. Testing the connection I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tedbull1878, Nov 8, 2021.

  1. tedbull1878
    tedbull1878 Guest

    XBox Series S - Huge Latency


    Hi there. We 'upgraded' to a Series S a couple of weeks ago from the XBox One.

    Ever since we've had terrible lag in FIFA. Testing the connection I'm getting 160+ ms. When I run a speed test on other devices it's around 20 ms.

    I don't recall ever having issues with our XBox One. Both have been hard wired into the modem.

    Any tips? It's unplayable.

    :)
     
    tedbull1878, Nov 8, 2021
    #1
  2. SammyVS Win User

    XBox Series S - Huge Latency

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

    Remember that Xbox speed test servers are not the same ones you will use to play certain games and these test servers are not in every location in the world, therefore generating higher latency due to the time/path that is taken.

    These steps can help you resolve this.

    Clean your console's MAC and restart your internet devices.

    Network Settings> Advanced Settings> MAC Address and Clear.

    if that doesn't work I recommend calling your ISP and asking to open these ports.

    Port 88 (UDP)

    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

    Port 80 (TCP)

    Port 500 (UDP)

    Port 3544 (UDP)

    Port 4500 (UDP)

    Also ask to put the IP of the console in the DMZ zone, if you need additional ports this function will take care of that. I highly recommend this function because there are several games that use other ports besides the ones I mentioned.
  3. HoopRyd Win User

    How to manage\update multiple Xboxes (efficiently) at same location?

    I have a mix of xbox ones, xbox one s, xbox one x, xbox series s and xbox series x. I have 18 xboxes trying to download a game update with that many xboxes becomes a huge hassle time sync.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox series X upgrade

    Hi,

    Online gaming on a console and a PC can have two types of latency:

    Lag is when we are referring to internet connection/server latency. Owning the latest Xbox Series X|S won't fix this, if that's where the problem is.

    Framerate and framerate drops are console hardware game specific. If the game is designed to run at 60fps, but there is a lot of things going on on screen this will result in dropped frames and can be seen during play as a stutter/judder, screen tearing and reduced controller responsiveness.

    The Series X (and even the Series S) have much more capable hardware and generally won't drop frames in heavy area's like the now quite old Xbox One S does.
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    Huge Lag and Latency

    The Xbox will use the connection it's getting from your router. Here's a few things to try.

    Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

    Then power cycle your network by unplugging the power to the modem & router for about 60 seconds. Then plug your router back in and try your game again.

    If that doesn't work, I'm guessing you're using a wireless connection to your router.

    On your Xbox go to Settings > Network > Network Settings > Forget Wireless Network

    Go to Advanced settings > DNS Settings > Manual - Set the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the Secondary as 8.8.4.4

    Go to Alternate MAC Address > Clear > let the Xbox Restart

    After the Xbox Restarts go back and reconnect to your Wireless Network and try your game again.

    If that fails, consider resetting your router back to defaults.
  6. les lane Win User

    HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

    …LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
Thema:

XBox Series S - Huge Latency

Loading...
  1. XBox Series S - Huge Latency - Similar Threads - Series Huge Latency

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions...: Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions of Boarderlands - any advice on making sure I get best/correct version? Thanks, Steve...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series s ping issues