xbox series s, headset and mike work ok for messages, but not games, why?

Discus and support xbox series s, headset and mike work ok for messages, but not games, why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an afterhours headset, which is mono ( one speaker ) and a mike. I can send messages using mike and hear a play back fine. However I don't hear... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Prey4groucho, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Prey4groucho
    Prey4groucho Guest

I have an afterhours headset, which is mono ( one speaker ) and a mike. I can send messages using mike and hear a play back fine. However I don't hear any functional sounds during operations ( icon clicks, music themes, etc.) and games are quiet.

If I use ear buds (no mike) I can hear everything. So the question is why does headset work with messages but nothing else?

:)

Prey4groucho, Feb 25, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

The Xbox Series S audio settings may be the cause of the problem, therefore try some of the following actions to investigate:

1. Check the audio settings by selecting "General" and "Volume & audio output" from the "Settings" menu on your Xbox Series S. Make sure the "Headset volume" is turned up and that the "Headset mic" option is chosen.

2. Make sure the audio settings of the game you're playing are set up correctly by checking the in-game options. Make sure both are turned up and configured properly because some games have distinct voice chat and game sound settings.

3. Update your controller: If you're using a wireless headset, make sure that your controller is up to date with the latest firmware. Go to the "Devices & accessories" menu in the "Settings" menu to check for updates.

4. Try a different headset: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there may be an issue with your headset. To see if the problem persists, try a different headset or earbuds.
  3. JaredRangel Win User

Why does Xbox one version of GTA online work on series x but not the series x version

Ok I have both versions of GTA downloaded on my series x the Xbox one version works fine on the series x I then downloaded the series s/x version on the series x I then launched the game and it gives the error message
  4. CeasedThought Win User

Playing game sound with turtle beach x11

Not a question of wiring , use the audio output of the television , strap the turtle beach mike to the ear piece of the xbox 1 headset .wear the xbox1 headset around you neck so the mike is near your mouth. Looks funny but works well.
  5. ngocphi Win User

I Cannot download flight sim.

Ok what are you using

If Xbox one that would.be why.

It is only series s/x and pc compatible
  6. wolfstolz Win User

Microsoft Store fails to update to the latest version - Xbox Series X

Same Problem for me, ever i click in xBox Store i become an Error message with "please Update Store" (in German: Microsoft Store aktualisieren) but If i click in it the update work at 99%, and the Message come again with please Update ....

I have a xBox Serie S too.

//Edit

OK, thanks. I have see your answer to late. Now IT work for me too.

Thats **** from Microsoft, thats realy a little problen, why they not close Apps not self If you make a update or better way, why not a Pop-up with a message that the Xbox must close this app (or Game) If you will end this update.
Thema:

1. xbox series s, headset and mike work ok for messages, but not games, why? - Similar Threads - series headset mike

2. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  3. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  4. I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...: I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please advise if i am just wasting my time or can i be helped with this matter am i doing something wrong?...
  5. USB headset on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB headset on Xbox Series X?: I have a fairly new wired Razer headset that uses USB to connect to the device. How does one connect these to the console? I read on reddit that they are not possible to use? Can this be true...
  6. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  7. How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?: I got the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless headset and have no clue how to pair it to my xbox series x. The vague instructions and the limited online search results aren't helpful what so ever....
  8. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  9. Controller and headset disconnecting from series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and headset disconnecting from series x: Happens a few times a week where it will just keep happening every few minutes or so. Reset the console, tried different controllers etc but still does it. 8f724b47-cc25-4703-883f-a3a9ff301ceb
  10. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49