: Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working

Discus and support : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working Hey guys TV Model - Samsung Series 6 55", Anynet+ enabled Xbox Model - Xbox Series S, with... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by muff03, Nov 11, 2020.

1. muff03
    muff03 Guest

Hey guys

TV Model - Samsung Series 6 55", Anynet+ enabled

Xbox Model - Xbox Series S, with HDMI-CEC options all enabled

Digital Assistant - Amazon Alexa with new Xbox paired and routines updated

Accessories - Xbox One Media Remote

HDMI-CEC is turning the Xbox and TV on and off via the TV Remote from Samsung, the media remote. Alexa and the Xbox app, but no matter how I try, the only volume control I have is via the Samsung remote.

Alexa tries, and the Alexa notifications pops up on screen, but nothing happens.

An error pops up on the app when I try, while the media remote seems to not register at all.

Any ideas?

:)

muff03, Nov 11, 2020
  2. XBF John Win User

Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Issues

Hello,

I found this support page with some troubleshooting for the HMDI CEC: How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

I also found a thread where the last poster may have found a resolution to this issue: Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working - Microsoft Community, stating:

For anyone looking for the resolution, you have to use hdmi cables, even to your soundbar or sound system now

Previously I had my xbox series x I had an optical cable from tv to bose soundbar 700 and the older xbox would control it and raise and lower the volume, I had to swap that cable out for HDMI instead...

With more details I would check that out to see if it helps.

Also, it would help if you submitted a Report a Problem so we can take a look at what's going on with your xbox when this issue happens. You can find the guidance here. It also seems like some have found the builds in Xbox Insider have the update that may help with this issue in the test builds and updates.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Thank you,

3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  4. MarkCleg Win User

Why is HDR washed out only in 4K, 120hz & HDR [Series X]

***UPDATE***

I appear to have fixed this. It was something to do with HDMI-CEC on the Series X.

I have the following toggled;

Console turns on other devices

Console turns off other devices

Other devices can turn console off

The other two choices seem to not work well with the monitor when running 4K/120hz/HDR for whatever reason;

Console sends volume commands ⛔

Switch TV input using controller ⛔

I never had 'Console sends volume commands' on but I did have 'Switch TV input using controller' on so I'm unsure why if at all it should have affected anything.

As a side note after toggling the HDMI-CEC on and picking my choices - that prompted an auto Xbox restart anyway but afterwards I did a manual restart myself and factory reset my monitor once more just to cover all bases as it were.

I'm not sure exactly what combination worked but I'm pretty sure it was something to do with HDMI-CEC and what I chose as my options.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine at this point.

Thanks for reading, all the best.
  5. Doct0r Acula Win User

Series X CEC volume control not working

I've had the same issue since launch. Seems widespread, but I haven't seen any posts about it lately. Was hoping for a fix a while ago.
  6. Nielo TM Win User

How does TV work with voice.

You can control your Set Top Box (STB) if it supports HDMI-CEC. You maybe able to control your TV, but again it needs to support HDMI-CEC.

-

Some STBs do not feature HDMI-CEC protocol (e.g. Sky HD STB), which means it can't be controlled via Xbox One. You need a Sky remote.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working - Similar Threads - Series HDMI CEC

2. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?: I am looking to buy a new monitor. Will the Series S do 1080p at 120Hz on KOORUI MONITOR ONE? If not will KOORUI MONITOR TWO be able to do 1080p at 120Hz. My aim is for 1080p 120hz. KOORUI...
  5. Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X): [img] XBOX SERIES X HDMI PORT I know this is a stupid question, and I already know the answer, given the state of the port, but is there any way this console can be fixed without sending it off...
  6. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  7. Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.: I have an Xbox Series S, and recently it began having a severe issue making the console completely unusable. I connect the power cable to the wall, and a good confirmed working HDMI cable to the...
  8. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  9. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  10. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...