Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency

Discus and support Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the first couple of months I had my new Xbox series s I experienced little to no issues at all, however one day out of no where my Xbox started to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CalebBerkhimer, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency

For the first couple of months I had my new Xbox series s I experienced little to no issues at all, however one day out of no where my Xbox started to have lag spikes going up to 500 to 600 ping and completely froze me in the game. After extensive research I came to the conclusion that it was probably my NAT type which was always open, but had recently been changed to moderate after switching to a new router. The problem was UPnP but I was unable to fix it due to the fact that I couldn’t change any settings online because it is a shared router. So I cannot change any settings regarding the router and I cannot contact the router providers either. The weird part is it also happens on mobile hotspot, which is two different providers one being Xfinity and the other being AT&T. I have tried numerous things online like clearing cache and factory resetting my Xbox and yet nothing worked. I have even tried port forwarding, which just led to most ports becoming strict which is worse than moderate. I’m out of ideas and would really appreciate anybody who could help me out. Because the longer this issue goes on for the more it seems to me like it’s a hardware issue which would be less the optimal for me at this current time to have to replace a $300 console.

:)

CalebBerkhimer, Jul 2, 2022
  2. WWJCDjohn316 YAHWEHi Win User

I am having a the same issues. Although my ping spikes aren't as significantly high as yours. I have the best Internet coverage available that Xfinity has to offer. The more this becomes an issue for me the more I am considering to switch my console from a Xbox Series S to an X. My question is will this solve anything?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The problem was UPnP but I was unable to fix it due to the fact that I couldn’t change any settings online because it is a shared router. So I cannot change any settings regarding the router and I cannot contact the router providers either. The weird part is it also happens on mobile hotspot, which is two different providers one being Xfinity and the other being AT&T.
    Hi,

Please explain what you mean by a shared router? Do you mean you aren't the bill payer and that's why you can't contact the router/internet provider or change the settings on the router?

There is already a pretty in-depth guide to NAT issues on Xbox and how to potentially fix them.

However, they do require access to the router settings. You can't port forward and have UPnP enabled at the same time, plus you'll need give the Xbox console a static IP address on the home network, otherwise port forwarding won't work.

Any issues you'll get with the NAT will almost certainly be with the router/network setup. They won't be due to a fault with the console.
  4. pigpiles Win User

High Latency Needs To Be Addressed!!!

Now my ping is spiking to 200 latency on xbox one plus xbox doesnt accept manual dns server. Im starting to think these issues are not going to get fixed.
  5. ZombieDeano Win User

Latency gone thru the roof!! Now I know why!!

That latency figure is wrong. I am with Virgin broadband too, at the same speed as you also. My latency has always been 150-160ms when testing the Xbox One, but that is because it is pinging from a US server. It doesn't test locally. This has been discussed
    elsewhere, and is the same for everyone. It does not mean that you are gaming with a high latency.

Try testing your ping and speed on speedtest.net using a PC. My ping on there is between 0 and 3ms as it pings locally. If you have Titanfall take a look at the server it connects you to as it tells you the ping latency . It's usually around 30ms.
  6. theTINMAN23 Win User

High Latency/Ping

Since Battlefield 1 uses Electronic Arts servers, you need to contact the Electronic Arts support for that issue.

You say your PC works fine, and other games don't appear to have the same amount of high ping, I'm assuming it is an isolated problem with the Battlefield service.

So please contact EA at
    https://support.ea.com
    I thought that may be the case, but its not limited to BF1 unfortunately. Just happens that I play that more than anything else currently.

My xbox still shows up with a high latency (with a wired connection) after running the detailed network statistic option.

I've currently contacted EA, and lets hope its on their end, but none of my mates seem to be having the same issue.

Thanks for replying!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency - Similar Threads - Series has large

2. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  3. Xbox series X has been broken since release

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has been broken since release: I’m very frustrated by this. No games or apps will load so I’ll power cycle the Xbox. Unplug the leads and wait. Go to turn it back on and my controller isn’t synced. Try to use the Xbox series...
  4. My Xbox series X motherboard has broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X motherboard has broken: My Xbox series X motherboard has broken and it is one month out of warranty, why should I have to pay £290 to get this fixed when it is not my fault, I can’t believe that a £500 console can barely...
  5. Is my xbox s That has a disc considered series Yes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox s That has a disc considered series Yes: Is my xbox s that Play disk, is it considered a series? Yes? What is it just A? Regular Xbox One. Sign out, it is the white one. But it's not small. 2b1368f0-cbd8-453b-b261-6ba8a59bbaf0
  6. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  9. Has someone won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox series x sweepstakes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has someone won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox series x sweepstakes: Has some one already won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox series x sweepstakes ce644e2a-b71a-4977-b8f7-15597795e11b
  10. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...