XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1

Discus and support XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got my XBOX series s and noticed a ping issue. (I play hardwired) I have my original Xbox one in the same location and when I test... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TylerCloninger, Jan 21, 2021.

  1. XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1


    Hello, I recently got my XBOX series s and noticed a ping issue. (I play hardwired) I have my original Xbox one in the same location and when I test connection on the series s I get great speeds, but my ping is almost 90 ms. If I remove the ethernet cable
    and turn that console off and plug the cable into my xbox one my speeds are all the same but the ping is 18ms. Can anyone explain to me how this is possible when the only change is the device running the test? I appreciate any and all help greatly.

    Thanks

    :)
     
    TylerCloninger, Jan 21, 2021
    #1
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

    gamepass not sharing properly

  3. GoodNewsDlivery Win User

    Multiplayer connection bad, all other download speeds fine.

    My speeds are relatively unchanged when on wifi, just slighlty higher ping. Butnmy set up is hardwired. And the download speeds are only an issue with gaming, nit any other service (4k streaming is perfect).
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Dying Light 2 "Optimised for Series X not S"

    Hi,

    Untrue.

    Dying Light 2 is optimised for Series S, but due to the open world nature of the game, it's not 60fps. The game runs at a fixed 1080P resolution (1920x1080) on Series S, whereas the One S operates at a rather low 864P (1536x864), not much higher than 720P.

    Just factoring in resolution alone, Dying Light 2 is still better on a Series S than an Xbox One S.

    One X has better texture and geometry detail, mainly due to having 4GB more RAM than a Series S.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

    Tested Xbox in but looses the Xbox live when I start a game

    Your internet might indeed be the problem. 337ms ping is pretty awful. Any ping higher than 150ms is not good.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Xbox one s Compatible

    No the series s

    With xbox one devices there is no compatibility of s or x or og

    It's just xbox one

    With one x gets HD upgrades when available
Thema:

XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1

Loading...
  1. XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1 - Similar Threads - SERIES HARDWIRE PING

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...