Xbox Series S Graphics performances

Discus and support Xbox Series S Graphics performances in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have an Xbox series S menu and brand new Samsung TV, the colors in the Xbox menu are mind blowing, E-Football amazing, FIFA 23 after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Giovannibox, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Giovannibox
    Giovannibox Guest

Hi everyone,

I have an Xbox series S menu and brand new Samsung TV, the colors in the Xbox menu are mind blowing, E-Football amazing, FIFA 23 after adjusting brightness and contrast in the game settings absolutely fantastic. Recently I bought a few games and had some issues instead.

I tested RDR2 and the graphics were awful but then I learned on this forum that it is not optimized for Series S, so it is what it is.

Now I am trying Valhalla and Watch dogs Legion that are actually next gen games but the colors are still very washed out and faded, poor contrast and definition.

I really don't understand what's wrong as with this console and this TV the graphics performances should be great.

My displays settings are on 4K UHD and 60fps.

I wonder if this as something to do new app that appears on my menu "HDR game calibration", while I was testing RDR2 I messed with it a bit.

Now I am trying to reset this to default to see if it makes any difference but I cannot find any "reset to default option".

Is there anyone who can give me some advice on how to set up my Series S in order to have the best graphics performances for all my games and not only FIFA and e-Football?

Possibly something that involves only Xbox settings and not TV settings because I do not want to change them all the time when I turn off my Xbox and I want to watch TV.

Many thanks Xbox Series S Graphics performances :)

:)

Giovannibox, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox Series S

the xbox one x is graphically better, the S is ok but don't expect the same performance as a series x.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I’m good, thanks for asking ;)

As far as I know there is no way to “factory reset” the HDR calibration tool.

But you can try factory resetting your console but keeping games and apps to see if that helps

But before that try disabling temporarily automatic HDR via settings > general > video options (or similar) > video modes
    Once disable automatic HDR test if you can see a general improve
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Giovanni

Each game has a tool to calibrate the contrast, brightness, etc once you start it

Another option is disable HDR if it’s not very accurate in your console if HDR is not consistent across all the games
  5. Giovannibox Win User

Hi Josef hey how are you? :)

I know! and that is how I fixed FIFA 23 after changing contrasts and brightness in the game settings now is a brand new game it looks amazing!

I tried several times to change brightness and contrast in AC Valhalla but apparently I could not increase or decrease the level, now after unticking allow 4k in the video advances settings on the Xbox I can change brightness and contrast in the game.......but is all this messing with the settings on my xbox good? Maybe I fix something but I cause another issue because I have no idea what I am doing :-(

I wish I could just turn on my console and playing but apparently before playing any game I always have to go through some IT training!

However all these problems started since that new HDR game calibration app appeared on my xbox menu. I tried to use that a bit but I cannot find any restore to default option :-(
  6. Giovannibox Win User

Hi Ngocphi and thanks for take your time to offer your advice.

I am sorry but I am rubbish with technology and I never owned a console or played games before.

I have changed the settings now is 1440p and I tried both 60 and 120hz my only two options.

The graphics look a bit better, however I still have the same feeling that the colors are faded and washed out and the blacks are non existent, which is strange because my Samsung has mind-blowing blacks and colors. I also swapped from High Framerate and Quality but could not notice any significant difference.

I do not know if this is because I am still in the first part of the game when Eivor is a child and immediately after when adult Eivor is in the village covered in snow which is quite a dark setting but yet again blacks are non existent.

There are the brightness and contrast controls but they are locked at 5 I cannot increase or decrease for some reasons.

Main reason why I bought this game is because I was excited about the vibrant colors and graphics I saw on the series s videos and YouTube and it is quite disappointing.

Any other advice apart from swapping to 1440p and 60hz which I have already done?

Many thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Graphics performances - Similar Threads - Series Graphics performances

2. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  3. Xbox series s graphics issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s graphics issue: [img] I've been having a problem with the screen flashing in some games, at first I thought it was a problem with my monitor but then i saw it in clips so I'm trying to figure out if it's a glitch...
  4. Problems with graphics glitches in the Xbox Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with graphics glitches in the Xbox Series S: Hi guys. Please help me find out, if my Xbox Series S broken or not? Perhaps the GPU is damaged or it's just graphical glitches in games. So far, I have found these glitches in the Division 2...
  5. Xbox Series S graphics and picture quality a

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S graphics and picture quality a: The graphics were very impressive and exactly how it was meant to be, however, now the graphics are terrible compared to beforehand and I’m not quite sure how to get it back again. The games still...
  6. I recently got a Xbox series S and on Microsoft flight simulator the HDR10 graphics setting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently got a Xbox series S and on Microsoft flight simulator the HDR10 graphics setting...: I recently got a Xbox series S and on Microsoft flight simulator the HDR10 graphics setting is greyed out and can’t be turned on. What can I do to turn it on ? 9306ec73-4a70-4abd-9979-66861737b043
  7. Graphic issues with Monster Hunter Iceborne and Wild Hearts on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Graphic issues with Monster Hunter Iceborne and Wild Hearts on Xbox Series X: For months my son has had issues where parts of his his screen start off as sparks of white and then turn to blocks of black. I don't know what triggers them but they happen through the game until...
  8. How can you type/create new vinyl decal in XBox Series X Motorsport? Just text no graphics....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you type/create new vinyl decal in XBox Series X Motorsport? Just text no graphics....: There does not seem to be a way to type a letters/numbers/ string in Create Vinyl Group in Livery Editor in Motorsport XBox-X. I know how it is done in FH5 on PC and motorsport on PC is same I...
  9. Graphics glitching on nba2k24 | Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Graphics glitching on nba2k24 | Xbox series s: Can anyone advise how to fix this on series s? Reset console, new hdmi. Players continue to glitch and look lol this. ff424d46-67e8-497e-a312-540cc62c3753
  10. Xbox series X screen graphics 'bleeding' white artficacts in Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen graphics 'bleeding' white artficacts in Starfield: Split from this thread. Same here. Tried everything even down to resetting the Xbox itself. Did you find a fix? 85edd8bb-9047-44f9-aa3b-e7f66b91804f