Xbox Series s game upgrade

Discus and support Xbox Series s game upgrade in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game for the Xbox one couple days ago, but today I bought the series s can I upgrade the game or will I have to buy it again?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John Papineau, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Xbox Series s game upgrade

I bought a game for the Xbox one couple days ago, but today I bought the series s can I upgrade the game or will I have to buy it again?

:)

John Papineau, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Games that aren't series s/x enhanced look bad

Hi,

It's up to game developers to upgrade/enhance their games for a given platform. Nothing Microsoft can do about that.

Bear in mind that the Series S can not run Xbox One enhanced titles with their upgraded resolutions/graphics as the Series S has less RAM than One X. For a game like Soul Calibur 6 to have better visuals on a Series S or X, it would require the game to be updated by the same people that made the game unfortunately.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox all access

Unfortunately not, you can only upgrade from the Xbox One console to the series X or series S.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cannot play any games with an X|S symbol.

To be clear, did you buy a One S or a Series S? Does it have a disc drive?

You shouldn’t get any upgrade prompts on a One S, X/S games will not run on a One S, if you upgraded the game to the X/S version, so if you have One S, you should decline upgrades
  5. Smwutches Win User

Call Of Duty Cold War Cross Gen Edition vs Smart Delivery

All Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X via backwards compatibility. Kind of like how you can play 360 games on the One now. You would be playing the One version of the games.

With Cross Gen Editions/Smart Delivery, you're buying the One version and get an upgrade to the Series S/X version of the game when you get the new console instead of having to buy the Series S/X version and you an take advantage of some of the upgraded
    features.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

Dying Light 2 is a big game and highly anticipated. Series S owners are paying a next-gen price for the game and will wonder why they're only getting a last gen 30 fps performance.
    Remember, you're not stuck with the Series S version. When availability gets better you can always exchange your S for an X. When you upgrade, you'll get access to all the Series X features for this and other games.

I upgraded my Series S for an X.
Thema:

Xbox Series s game upgrade

1. Xbox Series s game upgrade - Similar Threads - Series game upgrade

2. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during gameplay or when starting up a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during gameplay or when starting up a game: I've noticed a lot of people have had similar issues with their Series X crashing during gaming. Whether it's from overheating or not, the system doesn't give you an error message when it happens....
  3. Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X: For the last few years, I have been successfully game sharing with my friend. I have an Xbox One X and he had an Xbox One S and game sharing has been working flawlessly. However, I've recently...
  4. Upgrading to series X with game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Upgrading to series X with game pass.: I currently own a Xbox one with live gold. I'm considering buying a bundle with a Xbox series X and 24 months gamepass. How easy is it to transfer my current account/gamertag to the series X using...
  5. Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games: Whenever I try to upgrade games on my Series S, it just says "installation failed" the second the upgrade starts. Updates work, just upgrades. Please help. I've tried restarting my console, hard...
  6. Xbox series x games upgrading says that the instillation stoped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x games upgrading says that the instillation stoped: Xbox series x games won’t upgrade from the Xbox one version of the game as it says instillation stoped when trying to upgrade a game I have tried to do what the virtual assist is not working...
  7. Let players decide if they want to upgrade a game to the Series X version or not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let players decide if they want to upgrade a game to the Series X version or not: Got a Series X recently and I'm loving it so far except for one thing, the internal storage is pretty limited. I know 1TB is a good amount of storage, my issue is that I have games that I could...
  8. if I upgrade a game for xbox series s, and play the upgraded version on my xbox 1 will it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if I upgrade a game for xbox series s, and play the upgraded version on my xbox 1 will it...: I have an xbox 1 at my dads house, and an xbox series s at my moms, I went to play mortal kombat 11 and upgraded it for better graphics, if I go home and play the upgraded will it still work...
  9. Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games: I've just upgraded from an OG Xbox One to a Xbox Series S and am noticing a LOT of lag in multiplayer games that wasn't (and still isn't) present on my Xbox One. I've hooked the Xbox One back up...
  10. When you upgrade to Series X, will your game saves sync properly?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When you upgrade to Series X, will your game saves sync properly?: As the title says really. When I sign in using the same account I have now onto a new Series X, will all my game saves be there? Is there anyway to make sure a backup has been made or is it all...