Xbox Series S Froze on grey screen

Discus and support Xbox Series S Froze on grey screen in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So my Xbox wasn’t letting me play any games and was just kicking me off so I restarted my Xbox and now I’m stuck on a grey screen and when I try to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pizza-man-, Jun 9, 2021.

  1. Xbox Series S Froze on grey screen


    So my Xbox wasn’t letting me play any games and was just kicking me off so I restarted my Xbox and now I’m stuck on a grey screen and when I try to turn the Xbox off it doesn’t turn off. Do you have any help?

    submitted by /u/Pizza-man-
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Pizza-man-, Jun 9, 2021
    #1
  2. daleworkman Win User

    Xbox One FIX!, black screen after update 2021!

    I did all that an it’s been resetting for at least 4 hours an it’s been stuck on a grey screen I’ve been thinking it’s just been resetting an it’s just been doing that but I just played it last night and this morning an it just decided to do it outta the blue so anyways did all that an it’s just been stuck on it I thought it froze so I started the process again I’ve waited even longer an it’s still on a grey screen as if it’s on but just showing no screen an no it’s not the hdmi or power cord so what is it that I do now??
  3. Kathy A. Win User

    Xbox series X grey screen

    Hello MAGALI CABROL,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X. A grey screen issue can be caused by a variety of factors, including a faulty HDMI cable, incorrect display settings, or a problem with the console's hardware. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

    Do you mind providing us a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your personal information like gamertag, email account and full name.

    Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

    1. Check your HDMI cable: Make sure that your HDMI cable is properly connected to both your Xbox Series X and your TV or monitor. Try using a different HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue. Also, can you try different TV to see if issue opersist?



    2. Check your display settings: Go to Settings > General > TV & display options and make sure that your display settings are configured correctly. You may need to adjust the resolution or refresh rate to match your TV or monitor.



    3. Restart your console: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then turn it back on again.



    4. Reset your console: If the issue persists, you may need to reset your Xbox Series X to its factory settings. Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console and choose the option to reset your console while keeping your games and apps.



    We look forward to your update.

    Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.



    Sincerely,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

    Xbox series X grey screen

    Good day!



    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.



    Thank you for your understanding.


    Respectfully,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. DArtagnanStradolini Win User

    Hardspace shipbreaker freezing everytime I turn on xbox and use quick resume!

    The opton of report a problem perfectly works in you region, here in Brasil (with "s" please) it just load and enter in a looping, in xbox series x with a 250mb/s optical fiber internet. Plus, the game hardspace shipbreaker froze not only in quick resume, it froze if is put in second plan. The quick resume is just one of it's problems. Its remind me the playstation 3 era, in Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas, that frozen everytime, and just if look for them.
  6. bitebug2003. Win User

    Starfield Problems

    Crashing to desktop 4 times during load screens Xbox series S
Thema:

Xbox Series S Froze on grey screen

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S Froze on grey screen - Similar Threads - Series Froze grey

  2. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  3. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  6. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Xbox series x screen froze but I could still hear the restart menu when holding Xbox...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x screen froze but I could still hear the restart menu when holding Xbox...: I reset my Xbox today just for better performance I do it every now and then. The thing is that games say they take a minute or two to load up so I clicked on game after game very fast like. I...
  9. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...
  10. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...