Xbox Series S fan noises

Discus and support Xbox Series S fan noises in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a brand new Xbox Series S yesterday and noticed the fan doing this while playing games. https://youtube.com/shorts/5SjrexbbF7c?feature=share... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crumbled Fury, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Xbox Series S fan noises

I got a brand new Xbox Series S yesterday and noticed the fan doing this while playing games.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5SjrexbbF7c?feature=share

This was while playing Warframe and Fallout 4. I have it laying horizontally in a well ventilated area. Is this noise an issue or normal?

:)

Crumbled Fury, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Jarrod Dale Win User

Xbox series S shuts off within minutes - says it’s over heating?

Thanks for the help.

I checked the resolution. It was set to UHD. If the series S can’t push that resolution why is it an option.

re: the fan, the grill is hot but there is no fan noise or noticeable airflow. For reference when my laptop fan turns on I can hear it and feel it. For this Xbox, there is nothing. I can put my ear right up to it. No fan noise at all. I do t have a reference as I have never used a different Xbox s but I am also thinking the fan is not functional. For those that have an Xbox s - can you hear the fan when it’s functioning normally?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S Fan isn't humming like normal.

So usually when I play on my series s the fan makes a loudish noise....
    The Series S, just like the Series X is designed to be quite, in normal gaming (even when play X|S optimised games) the Series S fan should not be audible. It should be pretty much silent.

Have you changed the location of where your console is located? These consoles get warm (hot even), this is normal. So their location is actually more important than hearing the fan spinning.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Series S fan noises

I believe your friend's console sound is normal. The sound of yours was a noise that was not supposed to be made. It was a pleasure to help, you are always welcome to the community.
  5. Crumbled Fury Win User

Xbox Series S fan noises

The static noise on my friends is that just coil whine? Or am I just looking for faults with the sound of things? Haha.

Either way I have sent my one back to Amazon, and they are shipping me a replacement asap
  6. BDNicholls Win User

Xbox Series S Fan Noise

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The burning smell is very feint and I have seen others say that new electronics often have this smell. The xbox is currently on top of a desk with good ventilation, so I am unsure as to why I can hear the fans. Would this be a case
    of letting the hardware 'settle in' or would I need to be sent a replacement console? if it would be helpful, I could upload a video to YouTube showing the sound the console makes and link it on here.
Thema:

Xbox Series S fan noises

1. Xbox Series S fan noises - Similar Threads - Series fan noises

2. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  3. The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.

in XBoX on Windows
    The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.: The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise when I'm playing a game, but a month ago I opened the back of the console and I unscrewed the fan to get it out so I could clean it, there was...
  4. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  5. My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.: When I play games my Xbox is loud. d6630be2-0169-4ae7-9583-5b21f938d13f
  6. Xbox series fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series fan noise: Hi. Is it normal to hear the fan when you get close to the xbox I thought they were supposed to be quiet d88dff12-b68d-439f-8406-513a7cd0f47b
  7. Xbox series s fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s fan noise: Hi is it normal to hear the fan when you get close to the xbox I'm on xbox series s 14dce49b-f780-4ec8-825d-67ab66936516
  8. Xbox Series X - High fan noise on certain games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - High fan noise on certain games: I'm on Beta Preview and I don't know if this is a known issue, but certain games make the fan rev hard. I'll use two free to play games by the same company if anyone wants to try to reproduce (...
  9. Fan noise after install ultra pc settings mod fallout 4 xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan noise after install ultra pc settings mod fallout 4 xbox series x: Why does the Xbox Series X make a lot of fan noise after installing the Ultra PC setting mode in Fallout 4, as if it is about to explode. I played many games with very high graphics, but one...
  10. Xbox series s makes noise that aren’t coming from the fan, and you can also hear it when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s makes noise that aren’t coming from the fan, and you can also hear it when...: I just got myself an Xbox for the first time off my life and coming from ps4 it’s definitely a huge improvement playing on a series s, the console is much more quiet but I can still hear it, the...