Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

Discus and support Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got an Xbox series S three weeks ago to replace my Xbox one, the fan has been whisper quiet then suddenly after an hour of play at the weekend... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ross Duckering, Jan 19, 2023.

  1. Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.


    I just got an Xbox series S three weeks ago to replace my Xbox one, the fan has been whisper quiet then suddenly after an hour of play at the weekend the fan started making a wobbling/squeaking noise, which is loud enough to hear over gaming and is annoying to hear, as it has a high pitch from the fan spinning at a high rate. It seems excessive for a console that is new and apparently quiet. Furthermore, a friend was over and it happened to do it as we played FIFA, he advised that his series s and fan that is over a year old, is not nearly as loud and doesn’t do that. It seems to come and go without rhyme or reason. I’ve recorded the noise to play back to the retailer and I’m well within the 28 days of purchase, so I wondered is this normal? should I return it for a replacement or refund? I’m thinking I probably should.

    :)
     
    Ross Duckering, Jan 19, 2023
    #1
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

    Hello Ross, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your console.

    I have a Series X since day one and have not had any issues with the fan. If yours is acting out and getting louder then I'd definitely recommend returning it for an exchange if you're able to
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

    I don't hear my fan at all when it's on. Fan issues could happen on either console but it's never a good thing to hear it over your gaming.
  4. Ross Duckering Win User

    Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

    Yeah it’s not ideal.

    Do you work for Microsoft?
  5. Ross Duckering Win User

    Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

    Thanks for your reply,

    Do you hear your fan over gaming?

    If I’m offered a replacement or refund I may just pay the extra for the series x.

    Does anyone with a series s know if the fan should be as loud as described above? Can’t see this being normal, plus it’s intermittent.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

    Excessive fan noise

    As the Xbox One X uses more power and more of its hardware it will get hotter, just like a computer. There's no need to worry as this is by design. The fans get louder to get more heat out of the console. If you're using the Ultra 4k texture pack that may
    increase heat output due to the processing power required for that.

    In short, this is normal behavior from the Xbox One X. If it overheats it will turn off and tell you that it has overheated.
Thema:

Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise. - Similar Threads - Series Excessive fan

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...