Xbox Series S disconnecting from wifi so often I can't make it through a dead by daylight...

Discus and support Xbox Series S disconnecting from wifi so often I can't make it through a dead by daylight... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-s-disconnecting-from-the-internet/f72c08c4-470c-4420-bf7f-8ee3ee4197a1 Let me start by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tyrøniel, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Tyrøniel
    Tyrøniel Guest

Xbox Series S disconnecting from wifi so often I can't make it through a dead by daylight...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-s-disconnecting-from-the-internet/f72c08c4-470c-4420-bf7f-8ee3ee4197a1

Let me start by saying I've done everything in the above answer and none of it has worked. I've gone as far as reset my entire console to try and get it to work. It isn't my router as I have an Xbox one that's been playing the entire time with zero disconnects as well as a PC that doesn't have any issues. The Xbox has the best possible connection bars and there isnt anything between it and the router when using wireless.

It's got to the point I'm getting leaver bans when it seems like this is an Xbox side issue. I'm sick of not being able to use my hardware because of some wifi issue. Paid 300 for it and now I can't even use the online features of any game.

:)

Tyrøniel, Nov 28, 2022
  2. iTz Onyx4676 Win User

Xbox Series S disconnecting from wifi so often I can't make it through a dead by daylight match.

I would just like to say I too have tried just about everything and I’m having the same issue. Bought the series S a week ago, and it’s been having connectivity issues nonstop. I mean every other game non stop. I’m returning it unless someone can give me a reasonable solution/explanation. And I’m following this thread.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Series S disconnecting from wifi so often I can't make it through a dead by daylight match.

That’s really odd
    Are you not able to test with an Ethernet cable?

If not, I can advise you one more thing:
    Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Tyrøniel Win User

Nothing above has worked and I would love an actual Xbox employee to say something about this. After doing a ton of research it seems like the disconnecting and audio stuttering issues have been around for more than a year and they've done nothing to fix it. I would love to know why, after spending 300 dollars on this console, does everything I've done with it end up having some kind of problem? I've ran through every possible fix including completely factory reseting my console and nothing has worked. I have a PC and only bought this console to play with my brother and it genuinely is becoming kore of a problem than its worth. I dont want some ambassador for xbox. They need to talk to their customers themselves. This is ridiculous and frankly ****.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TYRØNIEL

We can try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this:

A. Connect your console to a completely different Wi-Fi network
    For this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and try in that way

B. go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

If that doesn’t work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1

By the way, may I know if you’re using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S disconnecting from wifi so often I can't make it through a dead by daylight... - Similar Threads - Series disconnecting wifi

2. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  3. Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi: Why can’t I simply call a number to get help from something that isn’t a chatbot? My brand new series x will not let me play anything online for more than a minute before booting me off. It is not...
  4. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...: My console seems to drop out of connection with the wifi, but only during online play. This has happened with Titanfall 2, Fortnite, and now Halo Infinite. 3f120b71-ba3b-42b9-984f-ee1328f309be
  5. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi: My Xbox series X will be working fine for few hours, then out of nowhere it will disconnect me from my current WiFi. When I try to connect to it again it asks for a MAC address, which I know how...
  6. Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...: Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi says password isn't correct but it is and every other connections works fine even the Xbox series x on the same network. I'm loosing my mind....
  7. xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox: Recently bought the new xbox series s , and randomly when playing games it will disconnect from the wifi /xbox life to then reconnect a few seconds later. If anyone has similar issues or knows a...
  8. Why is my xbox series s disconnecting from wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s disconnecting from wifi?: My xbox series s stops detecting wifi after a couple minutes of use and gets an error that there may be a problem with the network hardware. This has happened before, Microsoft serviced it under...
  9. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....
  10. How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console?: I currently have an Xbox Series S in my room and I’ll use it every once and a while but every time I do use it recently I have to reset the entire console in order for it to connect to the WiFi....