Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix?

Discus and support Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was curious to know if anyone has had a solution to how to fix this? I just booted up my Xbox Series S after about a month, and I noticed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jessenia M., Nov 7, 2021.

  1. Jessenia M.
    Jessenia M. Guest

    Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix?


    Hello, I was curious to know if anyone has had a solution to how to fix this?

    I just booted up my Xbox Series S after about a month, and I noticed it’s extremely dim. I’ve noticed it’s only when I’m trying to play, as the TV is bright whenever I’m browsing the TV menu.

    I have tried unplugging and leaving it off before plugging back in, I have swapped out the HMDI cords. I have tried lookin in my TV settings and nothing. It’s getting really annoying since I want to play, but I just can’t seem to find a solution.

    :)
     
    Jessenia M., Nov 7, 2021
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix?

    Hi Jessenia, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    Can you please turn off the Auto-HDR then check again if the same issue will occur?

    Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Auto HDR.
  3. Jessenia M. Win User

    Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix?

    Hi Francia, thank you for the suggestion. After following your instructions on turning off the Auto-HDR and restarting my Xbox, it still seems like the problem continues.
  4. Francia J. Win User

    Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix?

    I appreciate you letting me know. Do you have a different TV that we can try to use? We will just check as it can be a calibration issue.
  5. aardvarkgod Win User

    Xbox One Grainy Picture

    Yup, changing to HDMI did NOT fix the issue. Still dim upon turning on the X1 the next day...
  6. The OdysseyOG Win User

    Xbox Logo dimmed...

    Mine also stays dim for almost all tasks. Only seems to be bright when booted up and for a little while after boot.
Thema:

Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix?

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S dim upon boot up, how to fix? - Similar Threads - Series dim upon

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen: Hello everyone, I am having issues with the dimming on my Xbox. I went to play Hogwarts Legacy and the screen was so dimmed I couldn't see anything. I quit the game and my screen went back to...
  10. Xbox Series S keeps dimming

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S keeps dimming: So this just started happening recently. My Xbox series S keeps dimming after 30 mins when watching Netflix. It only does it with Netflix, when I watch Hulu or YouTube it’s fine and never does it....