Xbox Series S crackling audio

Discus and support Xbox Series S crackling audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue started nowhere and it's incredibly annoying. My Xbox Series S's audio crackles like crazy when I put in my headset and play a 360 game,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James Ruark, Apr 2, 2023.

1. James Ruark
    James Ruark Guest

This issue started nowhere and it's incredibly annoying. My Xbox Series S's audio crackles like crazy when I put in my headset and play a 360 game, through both the headset and the TV audio. When I exit the game the crackling persists until a restart the console. There are slight crackles here and there on modern games but it's nothing compared to the 360 games. Nothing at all has fixed this. I've toyed with the audio settings, tried a different controller, tried different headphones, and even reset the console. Nothing fixes it. Is this a common issue? Is there something wrong with my console's hardware?

:)

James Ruark, Apr 2, 2023
  2. RobertBrown(: Win User

Losing stable connection while gaming online

i have a problem with my controller and turtle beach stealths 600’s series 2 disconnecting from my Xbox at random when I’m playing a game my audio starts getting all crackled and then lags and then disconnect from my Xbox.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Audio crackling on xbox series s

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly try using a different HDMI cable, Landcrab.

If that still didn’t work, I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​
    ​​​
    "1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    Reset and keep my games & apps."
  4. James Ruark Win User

Both my TV and console are plugged into a wall outlet.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Your console is plugged into a separate power outlet, or is plugged into a power strip along with other equipment.

If you have other equipment, try changing it to an electrical outlet and test to see if it continues to make the same noise.
  6. KingKear Win User

Hi, I have the same problem on my Xbox One X for a long time and many players experience it, too on the forums.

I tried all the things that were mentioned here long time ago to having no fix. From what I've seen, I have no crackle audio on TV speakers through HDMI, but only in games. Recently, I turned on the system sounds like clicks in the dashboards (but nothing else, still has the launch Xbox Logo screen muted as it was crackling even there, and I don't want to hear it, plus it's loud), and now after turning on these clicky system sounds, like browsing through the dashboards, selecting the games, keyboard sounds, etc., I have these crackling sounds on these system sounds even on TV Speakers, but only when I'm connected to internet.

My console is without the internet all the time unless I want to see Microsoft store or update my game, and I'm doing clear cache most of the time (holding power button for 10sec/unplugging the power cord and clicking on power button again to release remaining electricity in console), and I have absolutely no crackle audio in Xbox menu while being offline (at least on TV Speakers, I'm sure that they'll be present in the headset), but maybe if I histerically and fast moved through the menu, maybe it'd start crackling, but I don't do that and I doubt that. I let my xbox warm up a little, refresh the dashboards by going to the installed games and apps, scrolling through them, opening the xbox menu with xbox button and scrolling left and right there and I have no crackles in the sound on TV Speakers, but only while being offline. When I connect to the internet like I did today, I had these audio crackles on TV Speakers even in main dashboard/menu, and in Microsoft store, too, so I muted my TV while scrolling through the store.

I researched this topic a numerous time and I love playing on my headset (even it's just apple wired earpods; I had a big gaming headset, did the same thing with the crackling, but this is more comfortable for me) and I still have these crackles in all the games, even in menus. And on TV speakers, I don't have them (again, while being offline in the menus, online, it's another story).

So after researching it, some players said it completely went away after buying wired controller, maybe some interference. I was like okay, I have a blue series controller after my original xbox one controller died, bought the 3m long cable with a nice texture, and still the same thing. I even released the bluetooth antena in the controller after dismantling it, but it still connected to Xbox after trying it as it is RF connection, not bluetooth (bluetooth only works for phones and PC), so it was still the same. Crackling in the headset, even through "wired" controller now and all these things done, with batteries in it or not.

** Possible fix: So I researched it more, and people said it only ended for them after buying fully wired controller, without possibility to wirelessly connect to the Xbox, and it made sense to me as there can't be any electrical/radio interference, because it is fully wired and there's no wireless/RF parts in these controller that can get interfered even while playing with connected cable.

So now, I ordered Nacon Pro Compact Controller for Christmas, which is not only fully wired, but also has Dolby Atmos license for free (but only for headsets connected through controller), meaning you don't have to buy Dolby Atmos, it recognizes you have this controller and you will have Dolby Atmos sound if you download the Dolby App and apply it in the console settings (again, only for headsets, not the TV or other Speakers). So that means, it will probably have a good 3.5mm jack port, I heard this controller is well made and from quality materials, and it is fully wired, so no RF/Wireless interference there. As I'm saying, when I play offline on my One X, through TV Speakers, not one crackle is coming through the speakers. When I play with headphones, I'm hearing these crackles here and there, and also people that had headsets for hundreds or even a thousands dollars in some cases (like pro studio headsets that cost like $2,500, some dude on forums tried them as he probably worked in some studio and he had this problem with his gaming headset which costs like few hundred bucks, and still the same crackles, even through the "wired" controller, meaning he put a wire into his wireless controller).

So I'm interested if this is gonna work out. I played some FIFA 17 recently and it's doing these crackles there (again, only on headset, no issues with TV Speakers, not even one crackle). I'm actively playing Be a pro career as myself as I just bought this game like three days ago, second hand as I really want some games that came to a new engine for a first time, like NHL 15 when it first had this new engine compared to NHL 14, so now it is same compared to FIFA 16 (I know, it's an old game, but I like to play old games, and only FIFA I'd really buy after doing some research is EA FC24, and only if I had Series X or Playstation 5; until then, I'm okay with this one as I'm really enjoying the gameplay compared to some other ones). So when I get this controller and I'll actively test it in this Be a pro career in FIFA, I'll answer here if these crackles really went away or not.
    Honestly I have been a Playstation player since the begining butI bought a Series X for this generation, and it's been a rough transition. There are so many issues that plague the system that appear to have existed for a long time with no resolution. You're talking about a problem that's existed since the previous generation console. It's kind of mind blowing for someone that's been playing every generation of Playstation without a single issue. Audio in particular seems to be a big problem for Xbox for whatever reason.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S crackling audio - Similar Threads - Series crackling audio

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  5. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  6. When i was starting a game on my xbox series s, i heard slight crackling noises, is it the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i was starting a game on my xbox series s, i heard slight crackling noises, is it the...: Heard some cracking noises while starting watch dogs, is the series s damaged or is it the tv? 5f902a9e-a25b-4b9c-8e44-c8024d0abb86
  7. Audio crackling on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling on xbox series s: How do I get rid of annoying crackling and popping in the background when playing a game. Thx 62461fb6-380f-49c7-8a33-3ba7177bf076
  8. Crackling on Xbox series X (semi-fixed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling on Xbox series X (semi-fixed): Semi fixed this myself, just had to spend money lol When my Xbox is on “Windows sonic for headphones” it crackles like a popcorn popper no matter what headset I use. But when I bought Dolby Atmos...
  9. Xbox wireless headset crackling on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset crackling on Xbox Series X.: I just bought the Xbox wireless headset, and have it paired wireless to the Series X. I start getting crackling in games after awhile. I've noticed a lot of posts about this over the year with no...
  10. Quiet crackle Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quiet crackle Xbox Series S: Hello! I have a console Xbox Series S. I recently noticed a crackling sound. Most likely this is the power supply. When the cooler does not work, the crackling still goes on, and when you turn off...