Xbox series S controller won’t respond.

Discus and support Xbox series S controller won’t respond. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The controller connects fine to the Xbox, I even used the Xbox button on the controller to turn on the Xbox itself. When everything is powered up It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nicka_2022, Apr 27, 2022.

1. nicka_2022
    nicka_2022 Guest

The controller connects fine to the Xbox, I even used the Xbox button on the controller to turn on the Xbox itself. When everything is powered up It does not register any inputs. I can’t navigate the menu or select any options even though the controller is on and connected.

I updated the firmware on the controller and have done a power cycle multiple times and still it does not work.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? If so , what else can I do to solve this problem?

:)

nicka_2022, Apr 27, 2022
  2. RHR cats Win User

The controller connects fine to the Xbox, I even used the Xbox button on the controller to turn on the Xbox itself. When everything is powered up It does not register any inputs. I can’t navigate the menu or select any options even though the controller is on and connected.

I updated the firmware on the controller and have done a power cycle multiple times and still it does not work.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? If so , what else can I do to solve this problem?
    have you tried to hold the sync button down twice and factory reset the controller ???
  3. DM-AU Win User

The console won't respond to the control, so your response is to use the control to navigate through system settings... seriously?
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Nicka_2022! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you tried using the controller trough USB? Is another USB device plugged?

Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  5. braydon tapp Win User

Xbox Series S controller not responding

how do you expect me to update the controller when the buttons aren’t working ?

Controller is up to date as I always check this
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Xbox Series S controller not responding

Hi, Braydon. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to sort out the issue.

Solution 1: Update your controller

If your controller connects when using a USB cable but doesn't stay connected after removing the cable, reconnect the cable and see if there’s an update available for your controller:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.

Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.

Solution 2: Check your controller's button mapping settings.

If you’re seeing unexpected controller behavior across all game and apps, it could mean that your controller button configuration has been remapped. To check your current controller button settings:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.

Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.

If the above steps don't work, please use this link to request a replacement for your controller, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox series S controller won’t respond. - Similar Threads - series controller won’t

2. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  3. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  6. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  7. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  8. Xbox Series X won’t connect to controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to controller: I cannot connect my controller to a console. The sync button on the Series X won’t work, I’ve also tried a wired controller and that doesn’t work either. Already tried to hard reset each way with...
  9. My Xbox controller won’t sync with my Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller won’t sync with my Xbox Series X: Whenever I try and connect my xbox controller to my Xbox my controller just keeps blinking repeatedly until it turns off, or eventually connects for 2 seconds then goes back to blinking, I...
  10. My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X: I have a few DVD games like Scene it and a few others that I’ve always been able to play just fine on my Xbox series X until recently. Now whenever I open the DVD, it will go to the main menu but...