Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to Xbox One

Discus and support Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series S controller won’t connect to my xbox one. when using the pairing buttons the controller vibrates twice and then turns off. When using a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by haruloha, Mar 16, 2023.

1. haruloha
    haruloha Guest

My Xbox series S controller won’t connect to my xbox one. when using the pairing buttons the controller vibrates twice and then turns off. When using a wired connection the controller vibrates once and doesn’t connect to the console. The batteries are fully charged, I’ve hard reset my console, and done a general shut down reset and nothings working. Any help?

:)

haruloha, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

No, it's not possible to use an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S controller on an Xbox 360 even connected with a wire.
  4. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  5. AaronGasparetto1 Win User

Gears 5 I cannot aim

I havn't tried a different controller but I have tried the game on a Xbox One S all digital, an xbox Series S and an Xbox One X, with different controllers for each. Never tried connecting 2 controllers and giving the secondary one a go.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Series Controller won’t

2. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  3. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  6. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  7. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  8. Xbox Series X won’t connect to controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to controller: I cannot connect my controller to a console. The sync button on the Series X won’t work, I’ve also tried a wired controller and that doesn’t work either. Already tried to hard reset each way with...
  9. My Xbox controller won’t sync with my Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller won’t sync with my Xbox Series X: Whenever I try and connect my xbox controller to my Xbox my controller just keeps blinking repeatedly until it turns off, or eventually connects for 2 seconds then goes back to blinking, I...
  10. My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X: I have a few DVD games like Scene it and a few others that I’ve always been able to play just fine on my Xbox series X until recently. Now whenever I open the DVD, it will go to the main menu but...