Xbox series s controller stopped working with headset microphone.

Discus and support Xbox series s controller stopped working with headset microphone. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller works just fine except for when I am trying to talk through the microphone, I can hear people through party chat, but they can't hear me,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Seth Lucas, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Seth Lucas
    Seth Lucas Guest

My controller works just fine except for when I am trying to talk through the microphone, I can hear people through party chat, but they can't hear me, I also did a xbox controller update, turn off console/restart console, check if I was muted, unplug and plug back in, re-sync, and everything microsoft/xbox normally recommends. I believe its the controller and not the headset because the headset works perfectly fine with any other device and it has been doing its job for this past year or so. I really can't figure what can be causing this problem besides for some new hardware update for the controller. I apologize if I went too far in with details but this is really aggravating for me and for my friends who wants to communicate with me through video games.

:)

Seth Lucas, Jul 20, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Seth! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues communicating with your friends.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, please answer the following questions:

- To clarify, are you using an Xbox Series S console?

- Is your console enrolled in the Insider program?

- Are you using an adapter to plug your headset into the controller?

- Are there any external devices plugged into your console's USB ports?

- Do you have a different controller you could try with your console and headset?

- What kind of headset are you using? if you could tell me its brand and model, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  3. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

Hello, David my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration with your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset not having microphone monitoring working on your Xbox Series X. It's important to troubleshoot further before assuming hardware failure.

Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the microphone monitoring issue on your Xbox Series X:

Update your Xbox and headset:

Xbox: Ensure your Xbox Series X is running the latest software update. Go to Settings > System > Updates and downloads.
    Headset: Download and install the latest firmware update for your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset through the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app.

Double-check your settings:

Xbox:
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset.
    Ensure "Microphone" is enabled and adjust the "Microphone monitoring" level to your preferred setting.
    Headset:
    Check the headset's audio controls for any mute buttons or volume adjustments that might be affecting the microphone.

Test your microphone:

Use the built-in microphone test feature on your Xbox to ensure your microphone is working properly. Go to Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. Select your headset and choose "Test microphone."

Disconnect and reconnect your headset:

Turn off your Xbox Series X and completely unplug your headset.
    Wait for a minute, then plug your headset back in and turn on your Xbox.

Try a different controller or headset:

If possible, try using a different controller or headset to see if the microphone monitoring issue persists. This can help you isolate the problem to your headset or controller.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Hello Jake,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay from my end because I was away from work.

If we may ask, can you tell us the type of Xbox Controller you are using and the make and model of your headset? The reason why we are asking this question is for us to identify if the cause of the issue is due to compatibility. Since the microphone icon is having an "X" marked, this would mean that the headset microphone is not detected or it is not compatible in your Xbox controller. To help fix this concern, we are going to share to you the compatible headsets or headphones so it can detect or use your microphone. If possible, try using the recommended headsets provided in the link below:

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one stuck on mute

Has the headset ever worked before on the Xbox One controller?

If the headset works on other devices (e.g. smartphone), but has never worked on the Xbox, the plug on the headset might be different from the CTIA standard the Xbox requires.

There are two headset plug standards: CTIA and OMTP. For both, the microphone and ground connector are reversed. So if you plug an OMTP plug into a Xbox controller, the controller is "listening" for a microphone on the ground connector, and the headset is
    sending the microphone signal to the controller's ground.

You can resolve this by buying a cheap OMTP to CTIA adapter, which simply switches the connectors.

If the headset worked on the Xbox before, ask your son to compose a voice message. Have him record the voice message and listen to it. If the microphone works for the voice message, but is muted during party chat, your son might accidentally muted the partychat
    and/or himself by pressing X on the party menu.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s controller stopped working with headset microphone. - Similar Threads - series controller stopped

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  4. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  7. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  10. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...