XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via...

Discus and support XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. Windows Version 21H2 build 19044.2006 I've been using the controller in question on Windows 10... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Filthy_boshtet, Oct 2, 2022.

1. XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via...

Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Windows Version 21H2 build 19044.2006

I've been using the controller in question on Windows 10 via USB for a long time without any issues. I encountered an issue in a particular game (God of War for PC on Steam) - character stuttering when moving. I figured it was a controller issue, since the KB+M movement was working fine. One of the suggested solutions was installing the Xbox Accessories app and performing a firmware update. That seemed to work for the whole day. Next day though, after starting the PC and launching another game, I immediately noticed that the RB button wasn't working. I checked a Gamepad Tester, and the button was actually being recognized as constantly pressed, despite me not touching it. Moreover, the Xbox Accessories app now either just flat out doesn't recognize the controller, or, when I connect and re-connect via USB, it detects it, but as soon as try to press anything, it immediately loses it. Disassembly did not reveal any hardware faults.

submitted by /u/Filthy_boshtet
    [link] [comments]

/u/Filthy_boshtet, Oct 2, 2022
  2. the elz Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

im on firmware 5.11.3118.0 for xboxc series S controller - latest, been on for weeks, before the problems with constantly disconnecting & reconnecting to the console after the latest console update about 2 weeks ago.

series S

OS10.0.22000.3055

Shell 2111.0.2112.11002

tried the controller firmware rollback via xbox assist, when you check the firmware it just says something went wrong - its on the latest firmware.......
  3. ÐαякΘяє Win User

Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.

i just messaged all the designers on BEhance. Have you gotten a fix yet?
    nope, i tried Christopher Revoredo Gutiérrez answer to this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_devnet-xbo_contrlacc/xbox-elite-series-2-controller-not-working-on-pc/bc30399c-747a-40ae-bf7b-56a9ebe852a6?messageId=b76ff5b3-23cb-4ec6-b5f2-dac50c9709fb

Its basically a firmware downgrade to the controller that can only be done trough Xbox consoles.

After this firmware downgrade I was able to get the controller buttons to work properly via Bluetooth BUT it still disconnected from time to time so I ended using it plunged via USB once again.

Note: With the older firmware, the controller was unrecognized by the Xbox Accessories Windows App even via USB so i wasn't able to remap it trough my PC. :'c

Then, just recently, the Xbox Accessories app on Windows got updated so I though it could be the fix round there.

I opened the app with my controller plunged via USB and it recognized the controller then it showed a button i have never seen before, it stated somewhat like: "There are no firmware updates" for the controller so i clicked it and it started to download and install a firmware update for my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller.

After that the controller just have this issue:

1.- Connection via Bluetooth is unstable, it disconnects from time to time.

One thing that was corrected though:

1.- The controller connected via Bluetooth gives you the correct button input.

Anyways, the connection via Bluetooth still doesn't works cause it randomly disconnects and it also affects the game fps critically.

Please fix this.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox Series One Elite Controller not connecting to Xbox S console or PC

Hello,Ten my name is Oskayra I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

It seems there might be an issue with the communication between your Xbox Elite controller and your Xbox Series S console. While you've tried some troubleshooting steps, there could be an underlying issue with the controller itself or the way it's interacting with the console.

Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Check for physical damage on the controller: Inspect the controller's ports, buttons, and overall condition to ensure there are no visible signs of damage, such as cracks or loose connections.

Try a different USB cable: Use a different USB cable to connect the controller to the console. Sometimes, a faulty cable can interfere with the communication between the controller and the console.

Update the controller firmware using an Xbox One console: If you have access to an Xbox One console, try connecting the controller to it and updating the firmware. This might resolve the issue if there's a specific firmware incompatibility with the Xbox Series S.

Reset the controller: To reset the controller, hold down the pairing button and the Xbox button simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until the Xbox button flashes rapidly. This will reset the controller's pairing information and may help with the connection issue.

Try connecting the controller to another device: Connect the controller to a PC, another Xbox console, or a mobile device using Bluetooth to check if it's working properly with other devices. If it connects and works fine with other devices, the issue might lie with the Xbox Series S console.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra
  5. XxFaZeDeckxX Win User

How do I fix my LB button is working as RB instead?

The problem with my LB button working as RB button is on my Xbox series x controller
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox one controller uses wrong driver.

I know, but you said the configuration is messy when connecting via Bluetooth right, buttons are not working just fine, when you connect it and map your controller's buttons via wire, and then change to Bluetooth, it doesn't change nothing?

Perhaps is just a glitch on the firmware update of the controller. :(
Thema:

XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via...

1. XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via... - Similar Threads - Series Controller button

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...: The controller is Xbox series s and I need help fixing it 88965f47-42c9-463e-b3ca-187fdc6a86fd
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  9. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  10. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...