Xbox Series S | Controller Input Delay or Disconnection

Discus and support Xbox Series S | Controller Input Delay or Disconnection in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Not sure if anyone else has come across this issue or not, but my Xbox Series S that I bought a few months ago has been having an issue to where it has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/iiNuked, Mar 27, 2023.

1. /u/iiNuked
    /u/iiNuked Guest

Not sure if anyone else has come across this issue or not, but my Xbox Series S that I bought a few months ago has been having an issue to where it has a massive input delay, or simply does not register my controller at all. In some cases, it would also go as far as disconnecting as if my controller is out of range despite the controller being directly next to it with nothing in the way. It will also suddenly get stuck scrolling as if it has joycon drift until I either close out of whatever application or game i am on then it will stop. This happens on all games and services alongside the main menu on the console. I originally thought it was my controller so I bought a new one, and it also came across this same issue which makes me believe it is an issue with the console itself. I do know that the console has a massive tendency to overheat very quickly so i am not sure if the overheating may have affected something on the console to short circuit or damage the board. I do have a wired controller and when I do that it doesn't ever have an issue but most games I play I like to lay back on my bed wire free for comfort. Is there a setting or something that would cause this issue?

submitted by /u/iiNuked
    [link] [comments]

/u/iiNuked, Mar 27, 2023
  2. NolanLosch Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

If I open xbox gamebar it says controller disconnected and nothing happens when I press A on series s
  3. Yussif AlOmar Win User

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

i have same issue

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on,
    The problem happened to me a lot and the batteries are new, and i did power cycle, The device and the control were updated

my device xbox Series s, i got it two days ago
  4. Xiang Fish Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Updated:

I found that my soundbar SONY HT Z9F soundbar use HDMI 2.0 of which bandwidth is 18gbs connect to my TV using eARC port, so I changes my HDMI to

8K HDMI of which soundbar is 48gbs, and the delay improve a lot that it is hard to notice now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tested. My set is

TV has enable eARC and set sound passthrough, HDMI BITSTREAM. XBOX SERIES allows PASSTHROUGH.

XBOX SERIES X --> LG 65 QNED90 --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC)

there is very noticeable delay on Atmos but don't have delay on any uncompressed sound like 5.1 or 7.1

XBOX SERIES X --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC) --> LG 65 QNED90

the atoms sound is sync with image, but I got a ton of delay on controller input, so I set TV image mode to Game Optimize,

and set game mode to FPS, the controller input delay is gone, but now, i got atoms delay back...

By the way, because my TV doesn't support DTS - X PASSTHROUGH, so when I connect XBOX to my soundbar, I could enable DTS X, and DTS X is working perfectly and there is no any delay comparing to Dolby Atmos.

Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2070 MAX Q --> LG 65 QNED90 --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC)

I don't have any input or atmos sound delay in this set.

So here is conclusion:

xbox series x has issue to passthrough Atmos content, even thought it is directly connect to sound bar, the sound or TV try to delay image to sync with atmos sound which causes a ton of input delay. But once you set the TV into low legacy input mode to get rid of input delay, the Atmos sound delay will be back.

And Razer blade 15 with RTX 2070 MAX Q which is PC is perfectly working at Atmos without any issue.

So this is definitely XBOX SERIES X ISSUE!!!!
  5. Kairobi Win User

How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

I appreciate you replying. I have tried the controller test before and it makes no difference. The input delay occurs on any and everything that I do on the xbox. When it is connected via USB-C it will randomly and frequently disconnect me but the light is still on the controller. Its very very strange. When I press the buttons during gameplay, they feel heavy and I have to hit them more than twice in order for them to register. I dont know if its an electrical input delay or what but its beyond upsetting.
  6. Nickvvv Win User

INPUT LAG GAMEPAD ON SERIES X ON GAMES BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

I’ve been looking for this for a few days now, and I am having the exact same issue. It is NOT a controller issue, it is completely due to the Xbox series X. In my case, I played call of duty Black Ops (1) on my Xbox one , everything was smooth and even played BETTER than on the 360. I recently got the Series X and it made this game nearly unplayable. I know this isn’t a controller issue due to the fact that I am using the same controller for the Xbox one. (It’s a series X controller) the issue specifically that I’m having is with the stick input delay. I move the stick and there’s a noticeable delay when it moves the characters view in game( input). it makes it extremely hard to play FPS games (that rely on looking around with the analog stick) that are reverse compatible (xbox 360 games). Again, no issue on the Xbox one, only the series X. I’ve had to other issues with this on current gen FPS games. Although I do feel the same input delay when I play Overwatch 2. I’m not sure if that is a related issue or just one of the OW2 unique crossplatform setup. I’ve changed look sensitivity for Black Ops, thinking it was that did not change a thing. This is my favorite game and the main reason I got the series C and I’m extremely disappointed I can’t enjoy the game anymore with this issue .
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S | Controller Input Delay or Disconnection - Similar Threads - Series Controller Input

2. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  3. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  4. Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser: I am able to use my Xbox controller with a wired connection with no problems for steam and games on steam but, whenever I try to play a game on Xbox Cloud Gaming the controller enters in inputs...
  5. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  6. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  7. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  8. Input lag from series x controller on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input lag from series x controller on pc: when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift. this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries or plug the controller in to my pc. I have...
  9. How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?: I recently purchased an Xbox Series Controller for my PC. When I'm playing games downloaded on the Xbox App or using the Controller on the app itself my inputs will be doubled or just wrong. On...
  10. Controller inputs on Xbox Series X controller not picking Up 100%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller inputs on Xbox Series X controller not picking Up 100%: I'm having an issue with my Xbox series x controller. The controller seems to work consistently at first, with singular inputs working just fine, but anytime I try mashing the buttons, in case of...