Xbox series s controller D pad is continuously running either up or down non stop p

Discus and support Xbox series s controller D pad is continuously running either up or down non stop p in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; D pad is continusly running how to fix? 5dbb2cad-2e8d-4cc1-839f-57cae65a0579 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ErickClauson, Sep 29, 2022.

1. ErickClauson
    ErickClauson Guest

Xbox series s controller D pad is continuously running either up or down non stop p

D pad is continusly running how to fix?

:)

ErickClauson, Sep 29, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, ErickClauson! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your controller.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

• Are you using this controller on PC or console?

• Have you checked if your controller's firmware is up to date?

• Is this happening on multiple games, apps, or menus?

• Additionally, have you already gone into the controller's test mode to see if it's really the D-pad that is not working?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

how do you fix a pdp controller

You can try resetting your PDP controller. Follow these steps:

1. Power the XBOX one console on.
    2. Plug the smaller end of the controllers USB-B micro cable into the top of the controller.
    3. Hold down on the directional pad (D-Pad) and plug the larger side of the USB cable into the XBOX one console while still holding down.
    4. The controllers red LED lights will illuminate and the controller will begin to vibrate. You may then release the down input on the directional pad (D-Pad)
    5. Press A on the controller.
    6. The controller will then stop vibrating and the LED lights will power off.
    7. Fully rotate both joysticks in a complete clockwise motion and pull each trigger fully (LT and RT)
    8. Press down on the directional pad (D-Pad)
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

passcode reset

You have to do it fast for it to recognize the button pushes.

You will know when you do it fast enough because it will pop up a box that says basically if you continue this will reset your console and are you sure you want to continue and you have to press yes.

The only thing I can reccomend is to keep trying.

Also if it has a choice of whether or not to push to the left, right, up, or down use the D-pad and not one of the sticks the D-pad is the cross pad on the controller
  5. IceStorm III Win User

New 360 Controller

[quote user="dimeo89"]When the Slim console was introduced, it seemed like Microsoft had completely resolved the issue[/quote]The 360 S controller had the same d-pad as the controller bundled with the original 360. The only difference was the color scheme.
    The new black controllers are all black instead of the grey/black of the old controllers.
    Why then, don't all Microsoft 360 pads have this new d pad?
    Are you talking about the new twist d-pad? Twist d-pad controllers are only included with Special
    Edition consoles post-introduction. The silver limited edition d-pad controller shipped after the Reach console. All subsequent special edition consoles (Gears of War, MW3, Star Wars) have shipped with twist d-pad controllers.
    I simply cannot understand
    why, after fixing the 360's most glaring flaw they would continue to sell controllers with the inferior d-pad
    The original grey on black controllers were ugly. I'd much rather have black on black controllers.

Anywho, there are a bunch of twist d-pad controllers now. In addition to the original silver/grey/black controller that provoked so much outrage because its a/b/x/y buttons were shades of grey, there are now red/blue/silver chrome controllers and standalone
    GOW and MW3 controllers. That I'm aware of, the C-3PO themed controller is only available with the Star Wars console kit.
  6. SiDeWiNdERx316 Win User

Game chat not working

I realize my Xbox day one edition controller doesn't work with the headset. But when plugged into the second controller bought at game stop it works on there. Also when I hit the down button on the D pad it makes a loud spring sound.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s controller D pad is continuously running either up or down non stop p - Similar Threads - series controller pad

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  9. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  10. My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad: The problem only stops when I press left on the dpad but they left vision itself didn't register at all. I've tried everything other than taking the controller apart which is a last resort...