Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working

Discus and support Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is the second controller this has happened to. I’ll go to start my Xbox with the controller as usual, and that works fine. But then once the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeMichaels12, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working

So this is the second controller this has happened to. I’ll go to start my Xbox with the controller as usual, and that works fine. But then once the Xbox is on, the controller is useless. It’s still powered on, but I can’t use any of the buttons they are all unresponsive, even the one that powered on the Xbox in the first place. Neither controller this has happened to was abused and only had been used for a couple months as I’ve had the console for only 4 months. I don’t understand why this keeps happening and would like to know if this is a common issue with the standard series S controller or if I’m just getting randomly unlucky. I’ve gotten replacements from Microsoft but never an actual answer and it seems the replacements don’t last long either.

:)

JakeMichaels12, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @JakeMichaels12!

Sorry that you are facing such issues with your controller. Below, I will list some solutions that can fix this issue. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

1- Power cycle your controller: Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.
    2- Power cycle your Xbox: By pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, until the console shuts off. Then, turn it back on.

3- Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable: You can use a USB to micro-USB cable to connect your controller to your Xbox. Plug the micro-USB end into the top of the controller, and the USB end into the USB slot on the side or back of the console. The cable will provide both power and a wired connection to the controller.

If your controller works when connected to your console with a USB cable, continue to the next step. If it doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced. Request an Xbox controller replacement

4- Update your controller: If your controller connects when using a USB cable but doesn't stay connected after removing the cable, reconnect the cable and see if there’s an update available for your controller:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    5. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    6. Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.
    I hope this helps you out!
  4. NativeTiger12 Win User

Elite 2 controller not working on game on Halo 2

I have a problem with my Xbox elite series 2 controller. It works fine while playing any other game but when I play fortnite it randomly stops working while playing, none of the buttons work even when I plug it in it doesn’t work but out of nowhere it starts working again and it happens over and over again. I’m also playing on the Xbox series S
  5. kyran young Win User

All xbox series s controller buttons stopped working

If its the sync/pair button it also doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

And is it normal for my Xbox controller to be picked up as a 360 controller from this website https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad

[​IMG]
  6. Abigayle Howell Win User

All xbox series s controller buttons stopped working

I am having the same problem. Please keep looking into this. All of the buttons exept the joysticks, Lt and Rt, and home button have stopped working at once. I tried power cycling, changing batterys and such, but its not working. If anyone knows about this, please reply or contact me at *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. Or *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working - Similar Threads - Series Controller buttons

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...: The controller is Xbox series s and I need help fixing it 88965f47-42c9-463e-b3ca-187fdc6a86fd
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  9. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  10. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...