Xbox series S color washed out

Discus and support Xbox series S color washed out in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My TV is not impacted. Just when I turned on the Xbox series S the color just washed out. Tried, hard not, factory reset and a slew of other things I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tommy Vadell, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Tommy Vadell
    Tommy Vadell Guest

My TV is not impacted. Just when I turned on the Xbox series S the color just washed out. Tried, hard not, factory reset and a slew of other things I read online but nothing works. Not sure what is going on.

As you can see, everything looks muted. Not sure why else to do.

Xbox series S color washed out [​IMG]

:)

Tommy Vadell, Nov 9, 2022
  2. OriginalEgorZA Win User

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor, when it is set to 120fps then the colours looks washed out, on 60fps it looks fine. I only play Warzone on 120fps but have to set it to 120fps before launching the game and it makes the colours look washed out. Frustrating as the game does not give me the 120fps mode if not set on the Xbox and like I said it makes the colours look washed out
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, it seems that you already tried everything from your side :c

In this case, seems to be a hardware issue. If you have warranty please request a repair order as soon as possible.

If needed, follow these steps:

Sign in at https://support.microsoft.com/devices and then select Register new device. (Ignore it if the console already appears)

After you've registered, you’ll see the warranty status for your device.

Then so this:
    In the Overview section of the Device repair page, select Info and support > Repair my device. Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request.

After Device repair receives your submission, they’ll send you a service order number and an order confirmation email that has shipping or drop-off instructions. (Can take up to 48 hours to arrive in your email address)
  4. Tommy Vadell Win User

I did factory reset, console reset with app retained, hard reboot, unplug console and move to another TV, and replaced HDMI cable.

I got it for my boys less than a year ago. If this is hardware issue, what are my options / warranty with Xbox?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tommy

I don’t like to give bad news, but right now everything points to be a hardware issue.

But before concluding that please tell me briefly what did you tried so far (besides factory reset and power cycle the console)
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox colors washed out

It looks like you're using a component cable, check the cables are connected to the TV correctly and that the connecter on the back of the console is pushed fully in, that picture looks like you either have a connector not pushed home fully or you don't
    have the coloured connectors in the correct order on the TV, is there a switch on your cable that says TV and HDTV, make sure it's on HDTV.
Thema:

1. Xbox series S color washed out - Similar Threads - series color washed

2. What drives are capadible for the series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    What drives are capadible for the series x: Trying to find a budget friendly storage expansion capadible for my series x 42da6d7d-ebb2-4580-b927-7cfe8bd9a6ea
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  5. Is there currently any way to change the color of the light on an Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there currently any way to change the color of the light on an Elite Series 2 controller...: As the question says, can you—be it using CLI or something else (AHK, an API, etc.)—change the light on the Elite Series 2 controller's logo without using the Xbox Accessories app? Looking to do...
  6. Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...: Hi, everytime I try to go to the settings to change my accent color it would just load for ages and and eventually show up an error that says "We can't show color options right now" what can I do...
  7. My Xbox series 1 is showing color spots during games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 1 is showing color spots during games: During playing Starfield pixels we’re going wild and crashing the system and now when I play other games color spots appear and sometimes stay on the screen 06236cad-a9f6-4396-a89e-7cc4217f9e20
  8. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  9. Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes: I bought a brand new Xbox Series X (Diablo IV edition) about two months ago. Everything was fine for about a month and a half, but then the picture began to become distorted. Three things began to...
  10. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b