Xbox Series S clicking/ticking noise

Discus and support Xbox Series S clicking/ticking noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I literally bought my Xbox Series S today and immediately it was making a ticking/clicking noise and it was loud enough to hear across my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ahmanders, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Ahmanders
    Ahmanders Guest

Hi! I literally bought my Xbox Series S today and immediately it was making a ticking/clicking noise and it was loud enough to hear across my apartment. Any ideas what it is and how to fix it?

:)

Ahmanders, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Ahmanders!

Sorry to hear about the issue. It looks like the issue is coming from your console's fan. Please make sure to put your console in a clear flat surface and well-ventilated area. Try to plug it directly into your wall outlet and don't use any surge protector.

Since it's a mechanical issue, if it does the same thing, the best option is to return your console for a replacement. You may return it directly to the store where you bought it or check your options online here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise

It does not matter where the HD is from All mechanical (Non SSD) HDs will start making clicking noises when they are starting to go bad.

Your best bet would probably be to try and setup a repair order.
  4. RWillows Win User

Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

I think i have this also? Is it like a loud metronome clicking/ ticking noise?
  5. MindOfTim Win User

Xbox Series X ticking noise

It's not a bomb right? In all seriousness, check if the fan looks like its spinning level when stood up. It could be the fan isn't spinning straight or theres another part that its clipping, either one of them you should speak to Microsoft directly or
    take it back to the store
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

Ticking/clicking noise from optical drive ?

Hmmm, a ticking noise you say. It might not be anything to worry about, assuming we aren't seeing any other symptoms. Do you ever have any disc read-type errors? Or have the tray not open/close when you tell it to? One thing to try would be leaving it
    unplugged for a few hours, see if that changes anything.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S clicking/ticking noise - Similar Threads - Series clicking ticking

2. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. I just got a new Xbox elite series 2 and the left stick won’t click in a certain spot

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a new Xbox elite series 2 and the left stick won’t click in a certain spot: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  5. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  6. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  7. I am on Xbox series x and when I click the caps lock on my external keyboard it clicks a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on Xbox series x and when I click the caps lock on my external keyboard it clicks a...: Like I said above when I click caps lock it clicks a and when I click s it turns on caps lock 9c758298-defb-4817-b23f-70ddf7e64317
  8. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  10. I am unable to live stream on my Xbox Series X. Gets stuck when I click on the live...

in XboX Insiders
    I am unable to live stream on my Xbox Series X. Gets stuck when I click on the live...: I have run into an issue where I am unable to livestream using my Xbox. I have tried restarting the console, Logging out and back into Twitch and it keeps getting stuck when I press the Live...