Xbox Series S Capture&Share Not recognizing external drives

Discus and support Xbox Series S Capture&Share Not recognizing external drives in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My Xbox Series S will not recognize an external drive for Capture & Share so I can only capture 1080p sdr clips. I have tried several drives with no... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JKLGamerRubanek, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. Xbox Series S Capture&Share Not recognizing external drives


    My Xbox Series S will not recognize an external drive for Capture & Share so I can only capture 1080p sdr clips. I have tried several drives with no luck. This works perfectly fine on my xbox one x so I think it might be bug on the series s.

    OS Version is: 10.0.19041.5084
    (rs_xbox_release_2010.201106-1730)

    Thanks for looking into this.

    submitted by /u/JKLGamerRubanek
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/JKLGamerRubanek, Nov 12, 2020
    #1
  2. Eric Schumacher1 Win User

    error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) when trying to use flash drive 3.0 for capture and share storage

    Yes the USB drive is brand new and works on the computer. Tried all prior fixes listed above and nothing. Files work on the drive. Trying to capture gameplay on Xbox series x. Won’t recognize as an option to change the location of capture and share to the jump drive.
  3. IRB Win User

    Unable to share external HD captures on Xbox Live

    Sadly I don't think there is anything you can do if the Xbox app doesn't recognize these captures.

    The external captures allows you to store them and share them online anywhere, but it doesn't seem possible to share over Xbox Live.
  4. Smwutches Win User

    Trouble Transferring Games From Xbox 360 To Xbox Series S

    Nope. For two reasons. The Series S won't recognize the games from an external drive and you need a license to play the games. Since they were purchased on disc, the disc has the license and would need to be in the disc drive to verify you own the game.
    Since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, the games have to be purchased digitally.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

    Pictures and videos captured on my console are regularly erased

    There is only a finite space on the console internal drive to store captures.

    To my understanding, if you make a lot of game clips and screenshots that space is quickly used up and any subsequent captures will overwrite the oldest file on the drive if its full. This space is a reserved area in the system area and not the entire drive space.

    If you upload your captures to the Xbox Network and/or OneDrive you can safely delete the captures on the internal drive using Manage captures on xbox console.

    The alternative is to connect a external drive, formatted to NTFS, and change your capture location to the external drive. Be aware that this option doesn't allow sharing on the Xbox Network.
  6. Smwutches Win User

    External storage

Thema:

Xbox Series S Capture&Share Not recognizing external drives

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S Capture&Share Not recognizing external drives - Similar Threads - Series Capture&Share recognizing

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. 2010-201106-1730