Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

Discus and support Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, The audio passthrough is broken and the Netflix App doesn't use it when watching films. How many of us still have the same issue? I'm using an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by David_J_Br, Nov 23, 2022.

1. David_J_Br
    David_J_Br Guest

Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

Hi,

The audio passthrough is broken and the Netflix App doesn't use it when watching films. How many of us still have the same issue? I'm using an xbox series s with an optical cable from my tv to an av amplifier - as this allows me to see exactly what audio format is being sent.

The audio settings for the xbox picks up that it allows for DD and DTS output.

Please note: this is all still occurring since microsoft ran the automatic update last November (2021) which removed the Bitstream Out option.

1. set the audio to stereo uncompressed.

The amplifier correctly shows this as Prologic. This is good for normal use and there are no delays between the screen and the audio. the best example is when you enter your password. As I move the cursor around the keyboard and select each letter, the button click and the corresponding sound effect are perfectly aligned.

Netflix only allows for stereo soundtracks. When I'm watching a film and then pressed the xbox button on the controller, it doesn't display 'passthrough' in the top right of the screen.

2. set the audio to DD.

The amplifier correctly shows as Dolby Digital.

But, there is a noticable delay between screen actions and the sound! as I move the cursor around the keyboard when entering a password, the sound effect is always occurring after the button click by about half a second - and it's seriously annoying.

Netflix now allows for stereo and 5.1 soundtracks. But, it never shows 'passthrough' at the top right of the screen when I press the xbox button. The amplifier always shows Dolby Digital irrespective of which soundtrack I choose.

3. set the audio to DTS.

The amplfier shows correctly as Dts Surround Sound.

This has exactly the same delay as DD.

Netflix allows for stereo and 5.1 soundtracks. as with DD, the 'passthrough' is not being used.

but, it gets worse! The 5.1 soundtracks from Netflix are DD. The amplifier always shows as DTS, irrespective of which soundtrack I choose. This shows that the xbox is processing the audio and converting it from DD into DTS and then sending it to the tv.

Where does that leave us.

1. in 12 months, Netflix have not fixed their App to use the passthrough properly.

2. Microsoft have this issue at such a low priority that it will never get fixed.

3. I can't report this as an issue, as there is no online support process that allows me to do so - except for a useless feedback page. @Microsoft - how do I report this?

4. This is NOT an issue with my tv or my amplifier as there are no firmware changes that can cause the problme. it's ALL on the xbox.

Apologies for the long post.

DB.

:)

David_J_Br, Nov 23, 2022
  2. [Farscape] Win User

My headphones are not recognized by my PC when plugged in the controller

the controller has to be hardwired for audio to work as the xbox controller bluetooth does not allow audio passthrough.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
  4. Misasa30 Win User

Apple TV app on my Xbox One X quits working

Having the same issue on Xbox series s.

Hope a fix comes soon. Netflix and Disney work fine.
  5. Eyeguy759 Win User

Secure HDCP Link Not Found Fix Roll-out

Netflix is working for me again. Not sure if this was the Xbox update or not, but Netflix works for me. I still cannot play DVDs however. I get audio but no picture.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting the controller via Bluetooth

none of the xbox controllers support audio passthrough via bluetooth, you have to use wired or use an xbox wireless adapter for that to work.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix. - Similar Threads - Series Audio Passthrough

2. Friday the 13th on series x drops all sound to tv. Audio works fine into a headset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friday the 13th on series x drops all sound to tv. Audio works fine into a headset.: Every time my son plays Friday the 13th on my series x the sound to the TV automatically cuts off. Can hear just fine when using a headset. Playing on Samsung 75" 4k uhd TV. My son has a xbox one...
  3. Xbox wireless headset connected to xbox series x & tv by bluetooth simultaneous duel audio...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset connected to xbox series x & tv by bluetooth simultaneous duel audio...: Xbox wireless headset duel xbox audio & blutooth to tv, simultaneous dual audio ,party chat, speaker and headset! YAHWEH ALMIGHTY GOD BLESSING. [img] Microsoft YAHWEH ALMIGHTY GOD 777 Game a...
  4. Xbox Series X Audio Issues on TV speakers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Issues on TV speakers.: I played my game only recently, COD MW2 about 4 hours ago on my 3 week old Xbox series X and the sound worked fine. I then downloaded a new game via the game pass to try later, Warhammer 40k...
  5. Remote Play from Xbox Series S to Desktop Computer results in Black Screen with Audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play from Xbox Series S to Desktop Computer results in Black Screen with Audio: Hello, After attempting multiple option on Microsoft's support page I wasn't able to fix my problem and decided to use the community option. The issue is as follows: I'm attempting to remote...
  6. Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV: Title I read that I should get an HDMI splitter to fix the problem, but the one I got didn't help. Does anyone know what type I should get? submitted by /u/Cool-Wrangler-8605 [link] [comments]
  7. Getting audio from the xbox x series when connected to a computer screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting audio from the xbox x series when connected to a computer screen: Hi, we have an xbox x series connected to a computer screen. Is there a way to have audio via a bluetooth speaker or with the usb cable? 5d89647e-dae8-4d81-9598-9693e3e3158c
  8. Game chat audio on Xbox Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game chat audio on Xbox Series: I'm a Call of Duty enthusiast and I've always played on Playstation. I sold my Playstation 4 and now aiming to enter the new generation of consoles I went looking for a good performance console so...
  9. My audio breaks up from the moment I start my Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    My audio breaks up from the moment I start my Xbox series X: I've been having problems with my X console now for a few months. When I start it up the sound breaks up. It doesn't so this everytime, I'd say at least 50%. To get it to stop I have to run...
  10. Xbox Series X Audio Issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Series X Audio Issue: Hi, I am playing on a Xbox Series X using a Turtle Beach Recon 200 headset and have an issue when joining Discord calls through the new console app. My game sound plays through my mic and...