Xbox Series S audio cuts in and out and also crackles

Discus and support Xbox Series S audio cuts in and out and also crackles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive had the Xbox Series S for about a month now and I had no issues until yesterday. I had my headset plugged into the controller and while wearing it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by juicybread9366, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Xbox Series S audio cuts in and out and also crackles

Ive had the Xbox Series S for about a month now and I had no issues until yesterday. I had my headset plugged into the controller and while wearing it I noticed the audio will cut in and out and before it cuts out the audio will get crackly. it does this no matter the game or app I have open. I've had this headset (Astro A10) for about a week and didn't experience the issue until yesterday and I tried my other 2 headsets (both turtle beach) to make sure its not my new headset and both of the headsets also had the audio cutting in and out and crackling, which those headsets have never had that issue. I've tried cleaning out the headphone jack on the controller, I've updated the controller, I've tried everything Google suggested before making this post here except buying a new controller because I do not have that money. I'm just not exactly sure what I should do next, my Xbox is still essentially new so I'm not sure if Microsoft can just send me a replacement controller? I'm just at a loss on what to do next

:)

juicybread9366, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Juicybread9366, usually these "crackles" sounds or similar noises can be something physical in your connector, either in the headset connector in the internal wires or in the P3 input of your control.

As you already do some procedures, the ideal thing would be to test your headset on another Xbox controller to see if it makes the same type of noise.
  3. JAY CARLING Win User

I have the issue on my series s, Sound randomly cuts out then comes back on only whilst playing games. Tried all the different sound settings available to me which is stereo uncompressed, dolby digital, and dolby atmos for home theater! I don't use any headset at all so that rules that out. People mentioned changing to a different hdmi port which i did, tried using my old xbox one hdmi lead which was just the same. I'm sick of trying to fix it and just give up and went back to my xbox one s.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Audio in headset crackles and cuts out

Hi Leo Ascendent,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Audio in headset crackles and cuts out

Hi Leo Ascendent,

We hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community.

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. We understand that many users are attempting to broadcast their party chat audio via their Twitch broadcast.

We have this CHAT, AUDIO, BROADCAST ISSUES resolution: Kindly check if this would be applicable to your concern.

In order to broadcast party chat audio, you will need to enable this feature in the Guide when broadcasting via Twitch. Once enabled, each participant in the party will then have the option to opt-in to their audio being broadcast. The additional party members will need to be on an Xbox console or using party chat via Gamebar on PC. There is currently no option for users on the Xbox mobile app to allow their party chat audio to be broadcasted.

I have also included links to recent updates using the Twitch app on Xbox. Please take a look for further details

Xbox Broadcasting: With the latest Microsoft Xbox update, streamers will no longer need the Twitch App on Xbox to broadcast and can instead go live in less time by broadcasting directly from their Xbox console. This update started rolling out November 16th and will be available to all streamers by the end of 2022.

How to live stream on Xbox: To stream from a live streaming provider on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, download the app for the provider you want to use. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Store > Apps. Find and select the app, and then select Install.

If you are still experiencing issues after using the supported platforms, please let us know and we can continue to investigate the issue.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. JasonNaparalla Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

I sure hope they fix their audio for the next gen xbox. Having a full 7.2.4 system , its irritating I cant use atmos for gaming because of the constant cracking and audio cut out . Next gen gaming will need to take advantage of atmos audio. It's sad that
    a company like MS cant get their coding done correctly on it's own system. I have a pioneer lx 50 . Even uncompressed 7.1 cuts in and out frequently, but without the crackling of atmos
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S audio cuts in and out and also crackles - Similar Threads - Series audio cuts

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  3. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  4. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...
  5. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  7. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  8. Why is my audio cutting out on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my audio cutting out on my series X: So I got a series x in June and a month ago ive noticed the audio cuts out after I start the console. I have two microsoft official headsets and they experience the same issue. both of these...
  9. Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x: So I have been using the official xbox wireless headset and for some reason whenever I start up the console the audio starts cutting out when doing anything. The only way to fix this is to reset...
  10. My xbox series x audio is cutting out

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series x audio is cutting out: So I have had a xbox series x for about three months. In the past two weeks I have started experiencing audio cutting out when I start my xbox. The only way to stop this from happening is to...