Xbox series S and Surface Pro

Discus and support Xbox series S and Surface Pro in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I have a Xbox series s which I play FIFA 20 on. I have also been using remote play to play the game on my phone. I bought a surface pro 7, hoping... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Krizl, Jan 16, 2021.

  1. Krizl
    Krizl Guest

    Xbox series S and Surface Pro


    Hi

    I have a Xbox series s which I play FIFA 20 on. I have also been using remote play to play the game on my phone. I bought a surface pro 7, hoping to do the same as my phone but with a much larger screen but I can't seem to make it work at all.

    Can this be done? Thanks!

    :)
     
    Krizl, Jan 16, 2021
    #1
  2. Call Me A Hero Win User

    Received rewards credits which supposed not to receive them, what should I do?

    The purchase was from Microsoft UK Store which offers free Xbox One S with Surface Pro 4.
  3. VxAssassinxA Win User

    I'm trying to connect on the Xbox App for Remote Play on my Surface but I keep getting this "We can't connect to your console right now"

    I have the Xbox Series X and was playing remote play on my Surface Pro 6 , it won't load up every time I try to do remote play on my surface and I'm not near my Xbox
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

    Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question

    Hi there, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you. I'll be happy to help.

    it seems that the Elite Series 2 controllers are eligible for the "Microsoft Complete" plan, which provides extended coverage and support for your controller for up to 3 years. This coverage even includes damage from accidents, not just defects. Just keep in mind that after purchasing the controller, you have up to 45 days to request the plan.

    You can find all the information about it, including how to get the plan, at the following link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/store/b/microsoft-complete

    At the bottom of the previous website, it indicates that this plan is also available for Elite Series 2 controllers. I will immediately quote the part where this is indicated:

    "Microsoft Complete is available in select markets for Surface Go, Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, Surface Studio, Surface Type Cover and Pro Keyboards, Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X, Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and must be purchased at the time of device purchase or within 45 days after purchase with device inspection. In European countries, Microsoft Complete must be purchased from the same retailer from which the original device was purchased."

    I hope this information is useful to you.

    Best regards.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

    Some questions before purchase

    I dived a little deeper into why I am interested in an X Box One S in the first place and perhaps I should first better explore how it is compared to gaming on my Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256. Therefore I also created a topic on Surfaceforums.net specifically
    for that. Let me share that here as well:

    Hi,

    I have a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256 and I am looking for ways to start casual gaming.

    [...]

    Main advantage would be I keep my accomplishments and I can play strategy games using mouse and keyboard.

    Main question is: how is gaming on an X Box One S compared to gaming on a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256?
    Thanks in advance for you responses!
    Well, I own a first Generation Surface Pro and a Xbox One and Xbox One X at home.

    First of all, be aware that the Surface Pro "only" has the processor internal Intel Graphics, that are unsuitable for very "modern" games. However, you mention "casual" games and Assassins Creed, which is comparably old and from the Xbox 360 era (unless
    you mean the modern Assassins Creeds like Origin and the likes).

    My old first generation Surface Pro is perfectly capable of playing casual games, and older 3D games like Portal 2 and various other "classic" Steam games.

    It really depends on the graphical complexity of the game. While you can't expect to be able to run Forza Horizon 4 on your Surface Pro, 3D games from the Xbox 360 time era (i.e. up to about 2010-ish) should more or less work on your Surface. When it comes
    to casual games or Strategy games which are less graphics intensive your Surface should work as well. Your mileage may vary however, depending on how high you'll turn up the graphical settings.

    As for the Xbox One S: The Xbox One has a custom SoC (System on a Chip) that combines graphics hardware and main CPU, similar to the Intel i5 processor of your Surface, with the difference, that it's an AMD processor, and a much more powerful graphics hardware
    comparable to a dedicated graphics card in a desktop PC or the Surface Book's power base.

    Therefore the Xbox One S is still capable of running more modern games like the just released Forza Horizon 4 for example, while your Intel graphics chip in the Surface wouldn't. But you would be able to stream these games from the Xbox One to your Surface
    no problem, as the Xbox would do the heavy lifting of the 3D graphics, and then sending a compressed video stream to your Surface, where the Surface simply has to decompress a 2D Video stream instead of complex real time 3D graphics.
  6. Plantje Win User

    Some questions before purchase

    Thanks! Sounds like the Xbox One S is the best solution after all!

    Of course if I have enough time and finish the first few Assassin's Creed games I want to continue with the rest. Then the Surface Pro is a no go. And I can always still use the Surface Pro for the strategy games that I want to play using keyboard and mouse.
    I don't want to play those in the living room anyway.
Thema:

Xbox series S and Surface Pro

Loading...
  1. Xbox series S and Surface Pro - Similar Threads - series Surface Pro

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  4. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  5. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  6. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  7. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  8. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  9. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  10. Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?: I lost the power cable for my xbox series x and saw that if you dissconect the power cable from the entire charger, it looks the same as an xbox series x power cable. So, this got me wondering if...