Xbox series S and an ultrawide monitor issue

Discus and support Xbox series S and an ultrawide monitor issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem regarding my display My Xbox series S is connected through the hdmi cable with my iiyama 34" (3440x1440) ultrawide monitor.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ninj4i, Dec 9, 2020.

  1. ninj4i
    ninj4i Guest

    Xbox series S and an ultrawide monitor issue


    Hello!

    I have a problem regarding my display

    My Xbox series S is connected through the hdmi cable with my iiyama 34" (3440x1440) ultrawide monitor.

    The problem is that I've read that the display would be trimmed to the 16:9 aspect ratio. At least for me, it isn't.

    The 2560x1440 picture, in the xbox menu, as in the games is stretched to fit the whole screen, which doesn't look or feel good.

    Is there a way I'm doing something wrong or am I just unlucky...

    Thanks in advance

    :)
     
    ninj4i, Dec 9, 2020
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox series S and an ultrawide monitor issue

    Hi,

    As no Xbox consoles support ultra-wide 16:10 aspect ratio displays, the image will have to be stretched to fit the screen. There is no work around for this.
  3. ArmyofOne94F Win User

    Will Xbox Series X|S be compatible with 21:9 (ultrawide) aspect ratio?

    I ask this question as I was seriously considering getting an Xbox Series S for my ultrawide monitor in my studio, however, after reading up on it I discovered that it only displays in 16:9 aspect ratio. When displayed on an ultrawide monitor (21:9), it shows 2 black bars either side or stretches the image which is not ideal.

    Apparently, both consoles have the horse power to display on an ultrawide monitor, so I'm hoping this could be fixed with a firmware update. The benefits of this are obviously having an extended field of view and better gaming experience, particularly when playing driving games such as Forza Horizon 5. It would also give Microsoft a "one up" on PlayStation who also don't currently display on ultrawide monitors. I will hold out on buying a new console until this feature is available
    So I late reply but was looking at this, but my Xbox series x now support ultra wide monitor, I have a 1440p ultrawide I use for my PC and I moved my Xbox from my TV to my office and the Xbox doesn't have black bars like it used to have... It's awesome but the Xbox only supports 1080p at 21:9 and been playing Forza horizon 5 and cyberpunk and they both are playing in 21:9 I am wondering if it would work on a 4k 21:9 monitor now... But it works now.
  4. Nico Mccann Win User

    New Monitor will only go up to 1080p 120hz even though it is a 1440p 165hz monitor (Xbox series X)

    Ok thanks for your assistance. I will be returning the monitor. Would you recommend not getting an ultrawide? And is there a list of monitors that are compatible with the series X so I can avoid this problem.
  5. MindOfTim Win User

    Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

    I looked into it some more and it does look really impressive! I think I would go for one of the series X does end up supporting ultrawide monitors!
  6. webdevkit Win User

    Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

    For some reason I don’t like Ultrawide monitors.
Thema:

Xbox series S and an ultrawide monitor issue

Loading...
  1. Xbox series S and an ultrawide monitor issue - Similar Threads - series ultrawide monitor

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...