Xbox Series S and AG241QX

Discus and support Xbox Series S and AG241QX in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased an Xbox Series S and connected it to my AOC AG241QX monitor. When trying to run 1440p @ 120hz, it says it is unavailable.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iceyturtles, Apr 25, 2023.

  1. iceyturtles
    iceyturtles Guest

    Xbox Series S and AG241QX


    Hello,

    I recently purchased an Xbox Series S and connected it to my AOC AG241QX monitor. When trying to run 1440p @ 120hz, it says it is unavailable. I have looked at posts similar to this one and they say that the Xbox has problems recognizing it because the actual refresh rate is 119.998, and not 120 Multiple people have submitted tickets previously and have gotten responses saying that this issue was being looked at, but those posts are from many years ago. Is there a fix for this issue now?

    Thank you.

    :)
     
    iceyturtles, Apr 25, 2023
    #1
  2. Dericka Win User

    Xbox Series S and AG241QX

    Oh, I see. Can you please try to use different HDMI cable and check if there's any changes?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Series S and AG241QX

    No, there will likely never be a fix, as it requires replacement of the monitor electronics.

    I would say best bet is to return or sell it and buy a good name brand television, or Xbox certified display.
  4. iceyturtles Win User

    Xbox Series S and AG241QX

    I am using the cable that came included in the box. My monitor only accepts up to HDMI 2.0 though.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    Xbox Series S and AG241QX

    Xbox consoles still only support standard timings, so if AOC haven't issued a firmware update to correct the issue, I don't believe there's anything you can do.
  6. Dericka Win User

    Xbox Series S and AG241QX

    Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

    Don't worry we will work on this together. May I know are you using 2.1 HDMI cable?
Thema:

Xbox Series S and AG241QX

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S and AG241QX - Similar Threads - Series AG241QX

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...