Xbox Series S Additional Authentication needed

Discus and support Xbox Series S Additional Authentication needed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This message has been popping up for a couple weeks and it’s VERY annoying! Tried everything I’ve read online, restarting router, clearing MAC address,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MsCrazyKnees, Nov 10, 2021.

1. MsCrazyKnees
    MsCrazyKnees Guest

This message has been popping up for a couple weeks and it’s VERY annoying! Tried everything I’ve read online, restarting router, clearing MAC address, changing MAC address, hard resetting Xbox. Nothing is working! Any ideas?

:)

MsCrazyKnees, Nov 10, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Did you change your console MAC as instructed in this link?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Do you have access to your router settings? Could you reset the router to factory defaults and try to connect again?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox s series halo 5 xbox one disc

Because there is no "CD license:". It's a Blu-ray by the way

There is an authentication fingerprint contained at the disc that the special drive in the Xbox reads

Without the additional hardware, and paring with the Xbox motherboard, there is no way to decrypt the data on the disc

There is no ability for the Series S to authenticate the disc, just as a digital copy authenticates with the servers, so you do not have a useable license.
  4. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Hi Kevin,

Every hardware device that connects to a network has an identifier code that is called a MAC address. This is how devices recognize each other because every device has a set and unique MAC address, unlike an IP address that cycles and changes periodically.

If I'm not mistaken the additional authentication required is your internet provider asking for your Xbox's MAC address to add it to the approved list of devices that your router allows to connect to. When you select the authenticate now button, it will
    not load the page since it's trying to load a secure site that your ISP would authenticate the MAC address by first signing in to your router settings.

We have seen higher instances of this happening with AT&T for some reason, but essentially you need to make sure with AT&T that your Xbox is not being MAC filtered out from your router.

Before contacting AT&T, I suggest troubleshooting the console's MAC address and see if makes the Xbox more discoverable. Go to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear and then select Restart Now when prompted.

If that doesn't work, call AT&T and ask for assistance with making sure your Xbox is not being filtered out. The console's MAC address can be found under the Advanced settings so have that ready when contacting your provider.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Are you talking about WiFi authentication?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Additional Authentication needed - Similar Threads - Series Additional Authentication

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  7. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  10. XBox Series X - Additional Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X - Additional Storage: Understand the Seagate Expansion Drive is the official product for installation of games and saving game saves. I also found that the XSX accepts external HDD/SSD that are NOT the Seagate...