Xbox series S 120hertz support

Discus and support Xbox series S 120hertz support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got the xbox series S and bought a HP 24X monitor which supports 120hertz with a standard resolution of 1080p woth hdmi 1.4 will I be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AJDeFilippis1, Dec 23, 2020.

  1. Xbox series S 120hertz support


    I got the xbox series S and bought a HP 24X monitor which supports 120hertz with a standard resolution of 1080p woth hdmi 1.4 will I be able to activate 120hertz on it.

    :)
     
    AJDeFilippis1, Dec 23, 2020
    #1
  2. Jay_answers Win User

    Xbox series S 120hertz support

    My guess is, you need HDMI 2.1 for 120 Hz to work. the whole 120 Hz is kind of complicated but I know one of the main requirements is a 2.1 cable. Or you will be stuck at 60 Hz.

    Note : 2.1 on all three (console, cable and the monitor).
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    4k 120hz issue

    Hi,

    Do you have the Xbox One, or the Xbox Series S? You'd be surprised how many people get the names confused.

    If it's an Xbox One S, then that console doe not support 120Hz @ 4K. Also, the HDMI out on the Xbox One S is HDMI 2.0, not 2.1. Only the Xbox Series S and Series X support 4K @ 120Hz via the console settings. The One S is only 1080P.

    Bear in mind also, that there are no games for the Xbox One S that do 120Hz (or 120 fps). The 120Hz option is only there to support VRR (variable refresh rate).

    If you want to play 120Hz supported games, you will need a Series X. The Series S support of 120Hz games is a lot more limited.

    Note that on the Qn95a, only HDMI 4 supports HDMI 2.1
  4. TheSnoozle Win User

    I don't see the Kinect option in the Settings of Xbox One series S

    The XBOX Series S does not support Kinect.
  5. CarGuyB3N Win User

    Xbox Series X|S and lower resolutions

    Does the 1080p support go for both the Series S and Series X, or just the Series S?
  6. J.P. Voodoo Win User

    Xbox Series S/X Remote Play Questions

    Hi,

    If you don't know, better don't answer.

    Supported device Xbox One S/X for remote play on PC.

    Series X/S not available in Beta app.

    Xbox Series X and S are out of luck for now.
Thema:

Xbox series S 120hertz support

Loading...
  1. Xbox series S 120hertz support - Similar Threads - series 120hertz support

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...