Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

Discus and support Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a xbox series s never set up or used and i try to sign in with the app and get error code 0x80072F8F in setup. I tried resetting to factory... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by chronic8000, May 1, 2022.

  1. chronic8000
    chronic8000 Guest

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup


    I have a xbox series s never set up or used and i try to sign in with the app and get error code 0x80072F8F in setup. I tried resetting to factory defaults and manually updating via USB stick. Am using 600mbit fibre and 5G 200mbit WiFi hotspot. I don't think this is me but its been 2 weeks and same error?

    :)
     
    chronic8000, May 1, 2022
    #1
  2. chronic8000 Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    It's also interesting as it can connect just fine on Ethernet. I can see the activity light flickering away showing it's connected at the switch when it's trying to check for updates. Just takes 5 minutes before it gives up and comes up with the error. People got exactly the same error on XBOX ONE back in 2019! That turned out to be an issue with XBOX LIVE! I have even done manual offline firmware update and still the classic Microsoft "Checking for updates..." but can't actually use the console.
  3. chronic8000 Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup


    [​IMG]
    so you say there are no issues but the xbox says different when I run network test.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    Currently that's not an issue on Xbox live, and happens often due to network issues, but if thats not the case, and even doing the offline update process keeps happening, there's a problem in the console
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    That's a post on December 2019, that issue have been solved long time ago,

    Follow these steps to request the service:

    Sign in to the Device service and repair page with your Microsoft account credentials.

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

    ****If your device doesn't appear, add it

    Select the device that you want repaired.

    Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    You mentioned a hotspot but not a mobile hotspot that would be with a mobile phone

    The issue is not the app or the setup, is the update so that's probably a network issue

    If nothing works

    Follow these steps to request the service:

    Sign in to the Device service and repair page with your Microsoft account credentials.

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

    ****If your device doesn't appear, add it

    Select the device that you want repaired.

    Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request
Thema:

Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup - Similar Threads - Series 0x80072F8F setup

  2. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  8. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  9. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  10. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]