Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

Discus and support Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Microsoft community! I was lucky enough to get my hands on an Xbox Series S - however, I ran into an issue while setting it up. When the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HeyItzRare, Mar 30, 2021.

  1. HeyItzRare
    HeyItzRare Guest

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup


    Hi, Microsoft community!

    I was lucky enough to get my hands on an Xbox Series S - however, I ran into an issue while setting it up. When the console goes to check for an update, I repeatedly get the following error:

    --

    There was a problem with the update

    You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help.

    Console ID: [REDACTED]

    Error code: 0x80072F8F 0x00000000 0x00000201

    --

    Even after:

    • Power cycling the console,
    • Attempting an offline system update using the OSU1 provided by Xbox Support, and
    • Resetting using both methods,
    I haven't had any luck in getting past this screen. Is my console broken, or is it a server-side issue? Is there any way to fix this without sending the console back less than 24 hours after getting it?

    My OS version is 10.0.19041.6737 (xb_flt_2103vb.210304-1945), and my Shell version is 2103.0.2103.4001, if you need it.

    Thank you so much!

    :)
     
    HeyItzRare, Mar 30, 2021
    #1
  2. chronic8000 Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    It's also interesting as it can connect just fine on Ethernet. I can see the activity light flickering away showing it's connected at the switch when it's trying to check for updates. Just takes 5 minutes before it gives up and comes up with the error. People got exactly the same error on XBOX ONE back in 2019! That turned out to be an issue with XBOX LIVE! I have even done manual offline firmware update and still the classic Microsoft "Checking for updates..." but can't actually use the console.
  3. chronic8000 Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup


    [​IMG]
    so you say there are no issues but the xbox says different when I run network test.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    Currently that's not an issue on Xbox live, and happens often due to network issues, but if thats not the case, and even doing the offline update process keeps happening, there's a problem in the console
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    That's a post on December 2019, that issue have been solved long time ago,

    Follow these steps to request the service:

    Sign in to the Device service and repair page with your Microsoft account credentials.

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

    ****If your device doesn't appear, add it

    Select the device that you want repaired.

    Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

    You mentioned a hotspot but not a mobile hotspot that would be with a mobile phone

    The issue is not the app or the setup, is the update so that's probably a network issue

    If nothing works

    Follow these steps to request the service:

    Sign in to the Device service and repair page with your Microsoft account credentials.

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

    ****If your device doesn't appear, add it

    Select the device that you want repaired.

    Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request
Thema:

Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S - 0x80072F8F in setup - Similar Threads - Series 0x80072F8F setup

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x first start 0x80072F8F 0x00000000 0x00000201

    ,
  2. xbox 0x80072F8F

    ,
  3. 0x80072f8f xbox series s

    ,
  4. xbox series s 080072f8f