Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an...

Discus and support Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. After pairing everything works fine but when I restart the device or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matúš Bubák, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an...

I have an Xbox Series controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. After pairing everything works fine but when I restart the device or bluetooth it doesn't connect. It only works when I remove the controller from from paired devices. I've tried this on my Windows 10 laptop which has its own bluetooth device and when I turn on bluetooth and the controller it connects automatically, but when I disable the main bluetooth in device manager and plug in the bluetooth dongle which I use on my pc it doesn't connect.

:)

Matúš Bubák, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an adapter.

Hello Matúš Bubák,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an adapter.

Hi Matúš Bubák,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having issue with controller Bluetooth adapter it won't connect. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern to help you back to gaming. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions.

1. Have you check the physical status of the USB port?
    2. Have you tried using it to another device?
    3. Are there changes made on the device?

Here's what we got from our research.

"You can connect your controller to a Windows PC using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, or Bluetooth (if your controller has Bluetooth functionality). Some PCs also come with Xbox Wireless built in so you can connect a controller directly without an adapter."

Kindly visit to this article for more information and support. Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. edi tempura Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

Hi,

this is by far the most popular post of Microsoft forums I found on this topic. I have very similar issue:

My expectation is that when turning the Xbox Elite Controller 2 on it will automatically connect to the PC over Bluetooth (if already paired), however, it doesn't work for me. Light on the controller is flashing steadily but it never connects.

Controller works fine over USB. It's displayed as "Paired" in Bluetooth & other devices.

Controller's firmware has been updated over USB using Xbox Accessories application.

What have I tried already:

1. Ensuring my Bluetooth adapter is working fine by connecting wireless headphones - it's OK. I also moved the adapter to the front of the chassie.
    2. Ensuring controller's Bluetooth is working fine by connecting the controller to a MacBook.
    3. Restarting PC, controller, Bluetooth services (and changing them to automatic), turning Bluetooth off & on before and during controller sync.
    4. Uninstalling Bluetooth drivers, updating them via Windows, downloading new drivers from my MOBO (AsRock Z390 Pro4) manufacturer.
    5. Removing the controller from Bluetooth devices and trying to pair it again - controller is visible either as "Input" or as "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller" however it takes a lot of tries to connect it as the device is not responding (controller light is
      flashing rapidly as it should in sync mode).

After successful pairing I observed the controller sometimes stays connected and works fine over Bluetooth and sometimes it just switches back to the "turn on mode" (light flashing steadily), which brings me to the beginning of this problem - controller
    is paired but does not connect to PC.
  5. Francia J. Win User

So how do you switch your elite controller back and forth from different devices to windows 10?

Hi ViperMagma, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button, and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox console it was paired to. Then, to switch back to the paired Bluetooth device, press and hold the Pair button to start pairing mode. The controller will automatically connect to the Bluetooth device you were just using while it also searches for new devices – just in case you want to connect a different Bluetooth device or Xbox. If it doesn’t find a new device nearby in pairing mode, it will remain connected to the previous Bluetooth device.

As of the moment, the said feature is not yet available on Xbox Elite Series 2. But what I always do is make sure that when you turn on your devices such as PC or Laptop, the Bluetooth is turned off then turn the controller on first before turning on the Bluetooth for it to automatically reconnect.
  6. Niikoe Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

I'm running into this issue too. I can pair my series 2 controller with my PC via bluetooth and it works fine. However, as soon as I use the usb cable and plug it into my PC, like if I wanted to charge it while playing, it works fine. Unfortunately if I
    then unplug from the USB cable, the controller no longer pairs via Bluetooth. I have to forget the device in Windows bluetooth settings, then re-pair it like it's the first time I've ever done it.

It's like by connecting via USB resets the controllers memory of connecting via bluetooth or something. Quite annoying.

I also agree, we should be able to configure the controller wirelessly somehow. Whether it be via some new dongle thing or preferably via bluetooth.
Thema:

Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an...

1. Xbox Series controller pairs fine but it can't connect when Bluetooth is restarted on an... - Similar Threads - Series controller pairs

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  8. The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series: The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series. I press and hold the sync button on the Xbox controller and it starts flashing, but when I press the sync button on the X Series, the light...
  9. My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.: My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system. It has done this off and on and fights me to pair it back to my system. I have done the steps to try to pair it back and nothing worked...
  10. My Xbox Series Controller Wont Pair To My PC at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series Controller Wont Pair To My PC at All.: It all started whenever I first connected my controller to my PC, (I never connected it to an xbox) it has been working great for the past several months, but one day (about a week ago) it would...