Xbox Series controller - Double input on some games with Windows 11 and latest controller...

Discus and support Xbox Series controller - Double input on some games with Windows 11 and latest controller... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, As many others before, I faced double inputs issues on some games when my updated Xbox series controller is connected in bluetooth in Windows 11.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NicolasF.1, Mar 26, 2023.

1. NicolasF.1
    NicolasF.1 Guest

Xbox Series controller - Double input on some games with Windows 11 and latest controller...

Hi,

As many others before, I faced double inputs issues on some games when my updated Xbox series controller is connected in bluetooth in Windows 11.

I've read hundreds of pages about how to rollback firmware or to fix the issue but it's still not working in Windows 11, Xbox accessories saying "Controller is already up to date" althoughI want to rollback the firmware.

I know this has been an issue since many months for many of us but I wanted to know if a fix has been found either to downgrade the firmware either to fix the double input issue ?

It may have to do with the way game handles the controller (maybe due to Xinput/Direct Input or something) as every game doesn't have this issue.

I tried to contact Xbox/Microsoft chat support but they didn't find any solution for this.

Thanks

:)

NicolasF.1, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Series controller - Double input on some games with Windows 11 and latest controller firmware while wireless/bluetooth

Hi NicolasF.1,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Series controller - Double input on some games with Windows 11 and latest controller firmware while wireless/bluetooth

Hello NicolasF.1,

Good day!

We hope that you are well.

Based on additional research, we would like to further ask the following questions.

1. Do you have Steam installed? If yes, kindly close Steam.
    2. Does the issue still occur when Steam is completely shut down?

One factor that could be causing the issue is having Steam installed and "Xbox Configuration Support" enabled under Steam > General Controller Settings. When this is enabled, Steam has its own API input layer which can cause all sorts of havoc in non-Steam games (as long as it is running).

Kindly follow the Steps:

(Steam controller settings configuration screen - "Xbox Configuration Support" and "Xbox Extended Feature Support" should be unchecked when running non-Steam games OR just close Steam entirely)

Attached screenshot

[​IMG]

Please let us know if the problem still persists after following the suggestions.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. NicolasF.1 Win User

Hi Geri and thank you for your concern !

1. Is this the wireless or the Elite?

It's the wireless one not the Elite (this one https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/d/manette-sans-fil-xbox/8xn59crbsqgz/7V47 bought on Microsoft store).

I have two, the black and the white ones, same issue with both.

1. When did the issue start?

When I upgrade the firmware of my controller with Xbox Accessories app and/or when I move from Windows 10 to Windows 11 (I did both the same day).

1. Have check if the controller support Bluetooth?

Yes of course, as they work well in some games, not with other ones.

1. Any recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

Controller Firmware update & Windows update to Win 11

1. Did you check if this controller work with rollback?

It's impossible to rollback the controller firmware on Windows 11
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi NicolasF.1,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

It seems that you are exhausted finding resolution to your problem. As per description, Xbox Series controller does not work well on Windows 11 PC.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Is this the wireless or the Elite?
    2. When did the issue start?
    3. Have check if the controller support Bluetooth?
    4. Any recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    5. Did you check if this controller work with rollback?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

Meantime here's what we got from reaserach.

Xinput - A software interface called an Application Programming Interface (API) enables two applications to communicate with one another without the need for a user. The legacy API is DirectInput, and the newer API is XInput. Now, based on the two adapters you tried to connect to your Xbox Wireless Controller. That means you may still be able to connect the controller on both adapter but there is an advantage of using the Xbox Adapter because of XInput API.

We would like you to share to you these articles and check or get ideas of each controller.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello NicolasF.,

We appreciate for your patience.

May we further ask if you have tried the controllers wired and see if the double input issue still occurs when playing games. Second, have you tried to connect the controller to a mobile device or PC, or if you have someone with an Xbox and see if the issue still happens? You may also use the Xbox App to play games via X Cloud to test the controller. Have you tried to send the controllers in for service repair, or did you attempt to exchange them from where purchased? There could be a possibility that the controller is defective.

You may also try to check this link and see if this will work for you. My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support.

Lastly, do you mind checking the firmware of the controller in the accessories app and send to us that information?

We will provide it to our technical support for further investigation.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox Series controller - Double input on some games with Windows 11 and latest controller... - Similar Threads - Series controller Double

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  5. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  6. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  7. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  10. How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?: I recently purchased an Xbox Series Controller for my PC. When I'm playing games downloaded on the Xbox App or using the Controller on the app itself my inputs will be doubled or just wrong. On...