Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters

Discus and support Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello .Recently I've noticed in game stuttering while playing FIFA 23 . Never had this problem since game launch. Though at first it might be GPU... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Piotr_Nowak, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Piotr_Nowak
    Piotr_Nowak Guest

Hello .Recently I've noticed in game stuttering while playing FIFA 23 . Never had this problem since game launch. Though at first it might be GPU -related but FPS was stable and after cleaning and installing latest drivers problem was still there. Tried many things and finally thought that it might be controller related. After unplugging it I've noticed that when using keyboard there is no graphic -stuttering . Thought maybe it's bluetooth related but same problem occurs with USB -connected controller. Also tried two different controllers so it's not faulty unit .Changing USB ports also didn't help. My controller was updated and that also didn't help.

:)

Piotr_Nowak, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Mujtaba Hyder Win User

Hi there,

Just to put it out there, this is a known issue with Microsoft Xbox controller when used wirelessly with a pc.

I personally have had this issue and there is no solution to it without buying a Microsoft dongle or connecting the controller to the pc through usb cable.

I have tested this with at least 3 pcs and a number of games.

The games it’s been tested with:

1. Cyberpunk 2077

2. Assassins Creed odyssey

3. Need for speed Heat

4. Witchers 3

All the games have shown stutter and fps drops and this goes away the moment you plug in the controller with usb cable.

I strongly believe Microsoft needs to fix the issue and not force people into spending another $25 to buy a dongle from them to resolve an issue that shouldn’t be there to start with.

Alternatively you can use a PlayStation controller which works just fine.

There should actually be a class action against Microsoft for not doing anything about it as the issue has been there for few years now.

The first time I experienced the issue, I had spent days repairing and reinstalling games and even the windows at one point only to discover it’s an issue with the controller.

My current pc specs in case anyone needs to know:

Ryzen 5800x

Zoya’s Rtx 4080 oc

Msi mag b550 tomahawk mx wifi

G skill 32gb 3600 mhz
  3. Piotr_Nowak Win User

I did and they're saying it's system problem -whatever that means
  4. Piotr_Nowak Win User

FIFA is not available through Xbox app but EA app - I did repair it though and it didn't help. Tried with different game and yes it seems like problem only occurs in FIFA .

Also noticed that WIndows is detecting my controller as "XINPUT compatible HID device " and not MS Xbox controller -tried installing drivers but that didn't help.

LINK to video illustrating the issue - you can see by the shirt that model is stuttering . First I'm using controller to rotate and after I'm using mouse . Same stuttering occurs in-game
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

To further isolate the issue, could you please try playing a different game if it does the same thing? If it only happens to FIFA 23 it could be a game bug or stability issue. You might need to contact the EA Support Team to report it and to further investigate the issue.

Let's also verify and repair your game files.
    Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

If those steps above didn't help, please try to manually reinstall the game.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, it's hard to say, because it could be something on Microsoft's or EA's side, but if it was on Microsoft's side, this problem would happen on all devices.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters - Similar Threads - Series controller causing

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  5. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  6. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  7. Series x/s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x/s controller: I've been having what I wanna say like input delays or something cause when I go the hit the Y and A buttons sometimes it don't register that I hit it.. is it safe to say take it back were I got...
  8. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  9. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...: I have ran through countless controllers and wasted a lot of money. I keep experiencing my controller turning off when the batter back feels any type of significant pressure. The usb cable causes...