Xbox series controller bluetooth mode, cannot be used properly

Discus and support Xbox series controller bluetooth mode, cannot be used properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My newly purchased Xbox series controller cannot function properly in Bluetooth mode. Buttons would still be triggered even if I stop pressing them. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Terrance Tang, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Xbox series controller bluetooth mode, cannot be used properly

My newly purchased Xbox series controller cannot function properly in Bluetooth mode. Buttons would still be triggered even if I stop pressing them. I tried to roll back firmware but it showed "error". Due to the arbitrary nature of the issue I cannot confirm whether it would work consistently on other pc's, so I can't tell whether the problem is in my pc or the controller. My pc is an Asus TUF series gaming laptop. Moreover, the controller is identified as "HID-compliant game controller" on gamepad-tester. I also tried to reinstall the drive from"hid...." to Xbox wireless controller, still didn't work. I'm so frustrated, please give me more advice

:)

Terrance Tang, Mar 11, 2023
  2. DarkerFirestar Win User

It sounds like you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, so here are some additional suggestions:

1. Try using the Xbox controller with a different Bluetooth-enabled device to see if the problem persists. If the controller works properly on another device, then the issue may be with your laptop's Bluetooth hardware or drivers.
    2. Make sure that your laptop's Bluetooth driver is up-to-date. You can usually find the latest driver on the manufacturer's website or through Windows Update.
    3. If updating the driver doesn't help, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Bluetooth driver.
    4. If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting the controller by pressing and holding the pairing button on the back for 10 seconds until the Xbox button flashes rapidly. Then, try pairing it again with your laptop.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox one adapter

The Xbox One adapter works with all Xbox One and Series controllers. It enables the features bluetooth cannot as it uses a different system called WiFi Direct
  4. shallg Win User

Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

This doesn't work on bluetooth mode and buttons works inaccurate . Need patch to solve this or make a seperate drivers for xbox wireless controller series x
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  6. Few Builds Win User

Elite series 2 poorly thought through

This guy gets it. Please optimize the controller correctly for bluetooth use. That's a huge plus from the series 1; Main reason I upgraded from it. Least you could do is have it function properly
Thema:

1. Xbox series controller bluetooth mode, cannot be used properly - Similar Threads - series controller bluetooth

2. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  5. Elite Series 2 Controller PC Via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller PC Via Bluetooth: Now I know this isn’t a new topic but mine is a slightly different query to what I’ve seen before. My elite series 2 controller won’t stay connected to my new PC via Bluetooth at a range of less...
  6. Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Hello! Since this morning my Xbox Series X|S controller is not working properly. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it was working perfectly, but today suddenly stopped being recognized by my PC...
  7. How to solve my bluetooth connection? Xbox series controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to solve my bluetooth connection? Xbox series controller: My Xbox series controller wasn't working properly with the Bluetooth. When connected alone to a USB Bluetooth adapter, it has a blinking issue, which surely connects, but seconds after, it...
  8. Xbox Series X controller not able to turn use bluetooth despite new batteries

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller not able to turn use bluetooth despite new batteries: I have recently acquired the Xbox Series X Controllers to be used exclusively for PC Gaming but it seems that after updating that the controller can no longer be turned on and by pressing the...
  9. Xbox series X/S Controller suddenly disconnect then reconnect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S Controller suddenly disconnect then reconnect via bluetooth on PC: Please Microsoft, your controller sucks. I did everything, I disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on Device manager, updated the newest firmware, reset controller...
  10. An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?: For my question, is there a way where you can play the Xbox Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth, or USB? a8387c65-7485-43fa-a94d-16fccc03ca23