Xbox series a controller not outputting audio

Discus and support Xbox series a controller not outputting audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series s controller refuses to output audio no matter what I do. It has worked with the exact same headphones literally a few days ago and now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bennet Henning, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Xbox series a controller not outputting audio

My Xbox series s controller refuses to output audio no matter what I do. It has worked with the exact same headphones literally a few days ago and now nothing. I can hear slight static when the headphones are plugged in which means that there is a solid connection and that nothing is wrong with the audio port itself but still no output.. I have tried literally everything. I've updated the software. I've updated the firmware of the controller itself (it's now on version 5.13.3146.0). I've made sure the sound format is on stereo uncompressed. I've even reset my console. And yet nothing. I don't know what to do anymore because I can find nothing online or on Reddit. Please help.

:)

Bennet Henning, Oct 15, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Bennet, try to follow the procedures below and reverse the firmware of the control to see if it returns to normality.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One S audio output volume control

Hi ZoltánBalázs2,

That is still not possible because volume control is only specific to the audio output device (speakers). You control volume only through the TV or any external audio device with speakers. The only exception to this would be volume control for headsets that
    don't have the volume control built in. In this case if you plug in a headset to the Xbox One controller via the 3.5mm jack, then volume is controlled by a slider found in the Xbox Accessories app when looking at the controller's settings.

In conclusion, the Xbox One console is not responsible for the volume of the audio output as that is handled by the audio output device itself. The Xbox One just processes the audio formats to whatever you have set it to in the Audio output settings and
    then the audio travels to your audio output device, which is what has the volume control. Therefore, as far as volume control goes, the Xbox One Media Remote is only able to control the volume on your TV that you have set up with your Xbox One under the TV
    & OneGuide settings and then in "Device Control".

As mentioned previously, please refer back to that support article on what the remote is used for.
  5. DerVaddi Win User

Controller Audio Desync Xbox One X

6. Mister Beep Win User

Audio Issues

Hey guys!

Sorry to hear about the game audio issues. Try setting the audio output to Stereo for Optical audio and HDMI audio (which ever applies). To do so, follow these steps:

• On your Xbox One controller, press the Menu button and select Settings.
    • From the Settings menu, select Display & Sound.
    • From this menu, you can change the audio output setting's in the far right group.
    Change the audio output to Stereo and let me know how it goes!
Thema:

1. Xbox series a controller not outputting audio - Similar Threads - series controller outputting

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  5. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  6. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  7. Series x/s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x/s controller: I've been having what I wanna say like input delays or something cause when I go the hit the Y and A buttons sometimes it don't register that I hit it.. is it safe to say take it back were I got...
  8. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  9. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  10. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...