Xbox Series 2 controller left stick sounds clunky and has an unresponsive click.

Discus and support Xbox Series 2 controller left stick sounds clunky and has an unresponsive click. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new Xbox Series 2 controller via Amazon. The first controller had a broken left stick out of box. It was clunky and i could not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TugiKo, Oct 6, 2022.

1. TugiKo
    TugiKo Guest

Xbox Series 2 controller left stick sounds clunky and has an unresponsive click.

Hi,

I just bought a new Xbox Series 2 controller via Amazon.

The first controller had a broken left stick out of box. It was clunky and i could not make a smooth round movement with the stick. I asked immediately for a replacement.

I just received my replacement. But I noticed another problem. I noticed the that the left stick has an unresponsive click (compared to the regular Series x controller). And after taking out the thumbstick I noticed that the left stick was also clunky while the right stick was butter smooth.

I made a video. https://files.fm/u/rw4q5bg8e

Can someone tell me if this is normal. Two times in a row. Fresh out of box but clunky left stick. Is it just bad luck or? Shall I ask for another replacement?

:)

TugiKo, Oct 6, 2022
  2. TugiKo Win User

Thx for the reply.

Could u please listen to the video. U can hear the clunking of the left stick compared to the smoothness of the right.

U should be able to download the video (if loading doesn't work)

I would like to know if this is normal of if its a defect.

Depending on what it is I will ask for a refund or replacement.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TugiKo

I was trying to see your video but it doesn't load... Is stuck here:

But... If you feel that something's wrong with the current controller the best option is request a replacement.

Or could be better ask for a refund and get the controller from a different seller / website

[​IMG]
  4. {Parity} Win User

Controller - Left Stick Unresponsive

There really is no fix for the stick drift that you are describing. The fastest and best solution is to replace the faulty controller.
  5. Brizzol Win User

Original Elite Controller Issues

Thanks Kevin I just purchased the elite series 2 controller so I could send the old one in for repair and that has an immediate issue. The left analog stick is loose which is noticeable when clicking in.

Little bit disappointed as I purchased the controller online as nowhere local has stock so another hassle to replace.

Guess I'm just unlucky.
  6. CarTzy Win User

why is my left stick spinning freely?

Hello Chillwill882986,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Elite series 2 custom controller. It sounds like the left thumb stick is not properly secured and it is causing you trouble when playing games.

The left thumb stick of the Elite series 2 controller is designed to be adjustable, so you can change the tension and height according to your preference. However, it should not unscrew or spin freely when you are using it. This could indicate that the thumb stick is defective or damaged.

To fix this issue, please follow these steps:

- Turn off your controller and remove the batteries.

- Gently pull the left thumb stick out of the controller. You may need to use a small tool like a tweezer to do this.

- Check the bottom of the thumb stick and the socket on the controller for any signs of wear or damage. If you see any, please contact Xbox Support for a replacement or repair.

- If there is no visible damage, align the thumb stick with the socket and push it firmly until it clicks into place. You should feel some resistance when you do this.

- Screw the thumb stick clockwise until it reaches your desired tension and height. Do not over-tighten it or force it beyond its limit.

- Put the batteries back in and turn on your controller. Test the thumb stick in a game and see if it works properly.

See: Adjust the sticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Swap removable parts on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please contact Xbox Support again and we will assist you further. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series 2 controller left stick sounds clunky and has an unresponsive click. - Similar Threads - Series controller left

2. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  5. ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...: if i move the stick in a anti clockwise rotation it becomes really stiff and right side of the stick basically locks up, if i spin it in the opposite direction it feels like a brand new controller...
  6. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  7. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  8. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  9. Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...: Hello the left side seems to be weak and has some weird rotation sound which is not really normal. Normally the controller has a lisght spinning sound but not as loud as it is now I’ve had the...
  10. Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still...: Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still won't work. 04b0284a-623f-4140-9559-b8e628b340a9