Xbox serie x heavy noise fan

Discus and support Xbox serie x heavy noise fan in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I apologize in advance I had to use the translator, my Xbox x series makes loud noises when I play a particular "warframe" game or at least I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Redx4122, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Redx4122
    Redx4122 Guest

I apologize in advance I had to use the translator, my Xbox x series makes loud noises when I play a particular "warframe" game or at least I have noticed the problem in this game since lately I play almost exclusively the latter the fan makes a lot of noises strong so much that I can hear it even with headphones on, it almost seems that it should take off, even when I owned an Xbox One with two years of use I heard such loud noises, I state that the console is set at 1440 p and 120 h even if absurd putting everything to a minimum the situation is literally the same so I was wondering if it was normal on this game (warframe) or my console had something wrong, and if I ever had to send it in for repair how long would it take for this problem? my warranty expires in 2024 so i am not exactly in a hurry but if the problem could become something serious in the future i would not risk it, thanks in advance of the answer

:)

Redx4122, Oct 23, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

unfortunately microsoft does not say how long, because it varies by the demand of the repair center, and any parts that need replacement.

as a player I advise you to request the repair as soon as possible, if he still returns with a problem, he will have time to continue contacting microsoft technicians.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Does it only happen with Warframe or does it happen with other games as well? Does it still happen if you drop it down 120 to 60? What about if you change the resolution to 1080p?
  4. II Blittz II Win User

Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

Hi, XBF Meryem R

Thanks for responding to my post, unfortunately I have tried a power cycle and factory resetting my Series X, but the buzzing/scratching/ticking noise still persists. The weird thing about it is, as I mentioned in my original post, my console never use to do this. I've also had the Series X since launch day 11/10/20 and it only started to do this fairly recently, close to a week now. My Series X on the top right side where the fan is, it makes a buzzing/ticking noise whenever I'm just using the dashboard, browsing the store, using Edge etc. The mechanical noises stop as soon as you launch a game, which is weird in itself. Usually coil whine happens during heavy loads like playing games that are demanding, but in my case it makes these noises when nothing is playing and I'm just on the homes screen or browsing around on the console. My console also makes a distinct static like sound when games are running as well, but it's not as concerning as the noises it makes when the console isn't doing any heavy workloads. With that being said, most coil whine comes from either the GPU or PSU, but the noise I'm getting is coming from the right side where the fan and vapor chamber/heatsink is. After putting my ear next to the fan and trying to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, I think it might be VRM or something to do with the motherboard around the CPU/GPU area. During the day you can't notice it unless you stick your ear next to the fan, but when I'm using the console at night when it's quiet, I can hear the strange buzzing/ticking. Anyway, I think there's something faulty or defective in my console and I'm afraid that it possibly might be a matter if time before it stops working.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Series X fan noise

or it could be the fact we are now in summer and the ambient temps are a lot higher.
  6. JUST DO IT415 Win User

Xbox One X Project Scorpio NOISY FAN, even after repair

Are you talking about when the Xbox console is idle or when playing a game? I believe the fan noise is normal compared to some heavy games like RDR2.
Thema:

1. Xbox serie x heavy noise fan - Similar Threads - serie heavy noise

2. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  3. Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?: There’s a series s with 2 memory card and 2 controllers but it’s cheap to get but there’s a series x going for 300, would getting the series S be worth to get rn? submitted by...
  4. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  5. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  8. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  9. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  10. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...