Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password

Discus and support Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I changed my microsoft account password and ever since I can not log into the xbox. I did find some ideas that I have tried. Again- the password I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gnarvis, May 14, 2020.

1. gnarvis
    gnarvis Guest

Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password

I changed my microsoft account password and ever since I can not log into the xbox. I did find some ideas that I have tried.

Again- the password I am attempting to use works to sign in to microsoft - that is how I am able to post here.

1. I reset my microsoft account password again - did not work.

2. I deleted the profile from the Xbox. When I tried to add it back it said wrong password so it woldn't let me add it back.

3. Used the usb stick to completely reformat the xbox per MS instructions. At set-up it's on the internet via cable and it asks me to log into my MS account and tells me the password is wrong.

I tried the old password and that does not work either.

:)

gnarvis, May 14, 2020
  2. Lawcere-E884E6C6-C6F Win User

Error Signing In. Xbox Live won't let me sign in at all on my 360.

I am having this exact same problem. I know my email and password perfectly and I can sign into my account on the xbox website and microsoft, but it says my password is wrong when signing into xbox. I have tried changing my password several times and still
    no resolution.
  3. gnarvis Win User

Two factor is not on. This is an Xbox One. I did read about the 2 factor issue, but does not apply here
  4. gnarvis Win User

Not sure I follow. I reset the MS password from the main account page. Are you saying reset it from the xbox?
  5. lilstephon Win User

press forgot password on Microsoft then make a new one

with same email this happens to people offend
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password - Similar Threads - says password wrong

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?: I have this xbox since december and it hasnt given me any problem until this morning, when the xbox turned on but there was no image reflected. I tried changing the hdmi wire to different ports...
  4. Why dose my Xbox keep saying passwords wrong when it’s not and everything else is working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dose my Xbox keep saying passwords wrong when it’s not and everything else is working...: Things I have tried ~ : turning it off and on : restarting it : restarting my router : changed the dns settings : leaving it off for a while : Unplugging it and plugging it back in ~I’m...
  5. Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password.: I keep having an issue where sometimes when I turn my Xbox on it says it’s not connected to the internet. The network page will show my network as setup but says no connection. Eventually if I let...
  6. Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...: Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi says password isn't correct but it is and every other connections works fine even the Xbox series x on the same network. I'm loosing my mind....
  7. Xbox saying wifi password is incorrect when trying to connect to Internet after new update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox saying wifi password is incorrect when trying to connect to Internet after new update: After receiving the new update for my console my Xbox disconnected from the Internet and when I try to reconnect it says "check network name and password and try again". I'm using an Xbox One S if...
  8. Ea sports f1 22 keeps having me reset my password,I reset it it says success,but each time...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ea sports f1 22 keeps having me reset my password,I reset it it says success,but each time...: Ea sports f1 22 is continuing to ask me to reset my password, when I do it says success, but when I try to go on line it again says reset your password, I’ve do it “successfully “ 4 times! Still...
  9. Xbox password is correct however it says ‘Use the password for your Microsoft account’ what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox password is correct however it says ‘Use the password for your Microsoft account’ what...: New CC, NEW number, My Xbox works again and despite knowing the password is correct it says ‘use the password for your Microsoft account’ I know it’s correct and when I enter an entirely wrong...
  10. My account got hacked, I just changed my password but it still says that it's wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked, I just changed my password but it still says that it's wrong: Help, I did all the verify account thing, and I changed my password, it worked for like 30 sec but after, it said it was the wrong password. Ive been trying for so long to recover my account, but...