: Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi

Discus and support : Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi ( IDK what to do please HELP) Hi I have me Xbox one s for almost 2 years now... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ArsamShahabadi, Feb 6, 2021.

1. : Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi

: Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi ( IDK what to do please HELP)
    Hi

I have me Xbox one s for almost 2 years now and I came across 3 o4 major problems to this day and I'm so confused . my Xbox was connected to wifi without issue and also Xbox live now 2 days ago I turned it on and saw it was out of live and it was totally offline !! I went to network setting it showed that it was connected to my wifi but I pressed check network connection and it said alternate authentication needed and 2 options: the first authenticate now I pressed it and nothing happened and second alternate mac address I pressed this and again nothing I reset my whole Xbox nothing and now for the confusing and hopeless part:

I cleared mac address nothing happened sam problems

I put my laptops physical address from ipconfig/all again it accepted and again same error

I reset my Xbox, same problem

I did anything that I could but again nothing happened and now suddenly it just uninstalled my Fortnite and warzone account!!!!!!!! : Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi :(

IDK what to do im hopeless nothing works my wifi company said to put the mac address behind the router I did it again nothing I'm so down right now and this is my last hope.

But Xbox support IDK this would bother you or not but u don't care for ur users Xbox assist is like a newspaper doesn't work neither any pages about this problem idk it feels like u don't care I was happy to be an Xbox user but now .....

I bought a 3month gamepass ultimate how do I get that back u know I cant use t it is doomed.

*My router is Huawei but another model, not this one.

I need HELP ASAP please <3

:)

ArsamShahabadi, Feb 6, 2021
  2. CupcakeChaos618 Win User

Need help

You talking about this? Because this is what I have been getting for the past hour and it is with the wifi off my phone. Which I have been using like this to game and watch things online for 2 months now. And it says: "Internet problem. Additional authentication
    needed. To connect to this network, you'll need this enter additional authentication info. I'm f you have an alternate MAC address, choose to enter alternate MAC address."

[​IMG]
  3. Jayhab4real Win User

Cannot load web page to authenticate on college wifi

The MAC spoofing function is there specifically for this problem; you sign in to the WiFi on another device, a phone for example, then once authenticated, enter the MAC from the phone on the console. The WiFi then thinks that the consoke is the phone.
    You will likely encounter issues if the phone and console attempt to be connected to tge WiFi at the same time. So use a device that doesn't need wifi too often!
  4. Arminator Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

I have the exact same problem. Everything else in my house can connect to the internet flawlessly, only my Xbox needs “additional authentication”
    Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page, where you had to authenticate
    your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
  5. taidara Win User

MAC alternative address

Hi,

Normally, connection to a particular WLAN/SSID will not require an alternate MAC address. So my question for you is; what kind of wireless "line" are you trying to connect your console with? Is this a hotel WiFi, or a campus WiFi, where you are presented with
    a splash page. A splash page is web page where you, normally, authenticate yourself, to be able to access the Internet.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Additional authentication

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
Thema:

: Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi

1. : Xbox says alternative authentication needed and doesn't connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - says alternative authentication

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?: I have this xbox since december and it hasnt given me any problem until this morning, when the xbox turned on but there was no image reflected. I tried changing the hdmi wire to different ports...
  4. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  5. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  6. My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.: So after the update that put the chat and group options on the right of your friends list when I try to pull up my profile link on Xbox one x for myself or even press A on friends in friend list...
  7. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  8. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  9. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  10. My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...: I’ve restarted my Xbox and router put my hotspot and it works but it’s slow so I need this internet but it keeps asking for the address and won’t let me use the internet...