Xbox S unconfigured after clearing cache

Discus and support Xbox S unconfigured after clearing cache in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello - After experiencing some issues with MS Flight sim on my Xbox S, I decided to clear the cache and keep installed games and apps, but after doing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fittedimp, Sep 17, 2022.

1. fittedimp
    fittedimp Guest

Hello - After experiencing some issues with MS Flight sim on my Xbox S, I decided to clear the cache and keep installed games and apps, but after doing so its now reverted to the console initial configuration screen, I can't get it off this screen and when I try to configure it again via the app, the app says it can't communicate with the console, I don't want to lose my games by performing a factory reset, is there another way to get the gain access to the console with setting the whole thing up again?

thank you.

:)

fittedimp, Sep 17, 2022
  2. fittedimp Win User

Thank you for your reply Derek, I got there in the end, I was just surprised that I had to configure the console again, but its up and running again.

thanks.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

fittedimp, when you perform the reset while keeping the games, really the start screen is open and you need to do all the initial settings again, friend.

It's the normal procedure.

After that, your games will appear normally on your console, as you chose to keep them.

I'm waiting for new information
  4. HassanB Win User

problems after clearing cache

Hello,

Have no worries, this is not something that you can personally fix. There is currently a Xbox LIVE Service Alert in regards to the situation you're experiencing. This issue seems to cover not being able to sign into Xbox LIVE properly, downloading your profiles,
    and games and applications freezing or working very slowly.

Please check the Xbox LIVE Status alert here for further information, Microsoft will update that page when there is more information available.

[​IMG]
  5. MasterAceBlaze Win User

problems after clearing cache

btw i can play games offline, im doing it now
  6. JesseCombs Win User

Xbox One S clearing the cache

I did what you described as well as from a video on YouTube.

Unplug modem and then unplug the Xbox One S. Wait about a minute and then plug Xbox and then the modem (both procedures in order described). Then I did what you described. Reinstalled Skyrim and it seems pretty clean so far.

I don’t understand why MS didn’t allow for maintenance etc. The 360 could be defragged and disc checked.
Thema:

1. Xbox S unconfigured after clearing cache - Similar Threads - unconfigured clearing cache

2. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  3. My Xbox internet browser says I'm hacked and I don't know how to clear it up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox internet browser says I'm hacked and I don't know how to clear it up: I know that my Xbox one is hacked. I need to know how to clear up this issue. I talk to someone at Microsoft tech support but was cut off twice. Can someone help me clear up my problem...
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming - Now way to clear text in text input field

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - Now way to clear text in text input field: You can not hit the "Submit" button when there is no text in the text field. When you search for something in a game, and then want to go back to show all the results you can not. This is best...
  5. Need more save space after I've cleared some already

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need more save space after I've cleared some already: I'm trying to play baulders gate 3 and it keeps giving me the tree code 0x80830003, despite having followed it's instructions and clearing locally saved games. I'm not sure what to do next...
  6. Clear some space on Storage Expansion Card - Infinite Loop

in XboX Insiders
    Clear some space on Storage Expansion Card - Infinite Loop: Hello everyone, running into a problem with my Xbox Series X. I'm trying to download a game but while downloading said game I also attempted to move some others from my internal storage to my...
  7. Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!: Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves. When it was first introduced it worked...
  8. How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?: I requested a refund for an item I accidentally bought around 10 days ago now and it was approved, however the money has not been refunded onto my card. When will the money clear back into my...
  9. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  10. Clear message on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Clear message on Xbox: If I clear a message thread on Xbox, can I still see the message on my Xbox app? 3af6fd8e-d034-4369-be09-b13abdf4cc23