Xbox s download speed issues

Discus and support Xbox s download speed issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased xbox s series recently. Updating xbox s was quick. But after that whenever I try to download the games, downloding speed decreases after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deepak Dhayal, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Xbox s download speed issues

I purchased xbox s series recently. Updating xbox s was quick. But after that whenever I try to download the games, downloding speed decreases after 25-30gb of download for all games. I have a 200mbps unlimited connection. I tried changing DNS, port removing auto updates but none worked for me. Speed is reduced to 1mbps after a certain download is completed. Please can someone suggest me what can I do in this case. Thank you in advance.

:)

Deepak Dhayal, Nov 10, 2022
  2. RafalRafalski Win User

XOX/ XSX slow internet connection

"I think the issue is that, if your total download speed for you internet is "60Mb/s. Upload 8 Mb/s,"

and you connect a PC that uses 40Mb/s, a PC that uses 10Mb/s, and then another PC that uses 10Mb/s,
    your download speed will be maxed out."

My PC's does not use 40Mb/s or 10 Mb/s because they are turned off. They don't download anything, It is a problem of Xbox live which is limiting my download speed on XSX.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The difference in speed

Hi,

That's quite simple to explain. The Xbox App shows downloads in MB/S (Megabytes per second), the Windows Store shows download speed in Mb/s (Megabits per second)

A speed of 50mb/s = 6.25MB/s

It's the same speed, just a different measurement. Like how home broadband is sold by Megabit speed rather than Megabyte speed.

Remember dial up? A 56k modem was 56Kb/s. Which is around 7 Kilobytes a second.

By the way, the Windows Store isn't just showing the download, this is the application that's doing the download. The Xbox App doesn't actually download anything on its own.
  4. MakemSalty ZOID Win User

Download speeds not the same as what they appear to be

So I have the Xbox one X. I have not only tested my speeds with speedtest.net, on my phone, but I have also tested the speeds via the xbox's Test Network Speed & Statistics, and I get an Average of 480Mb/s, Mega bits per second, not mega Bytes
    per second. In MB/s I get about 57MB/s. But my issue is this, I download games at 180Mb/s (Megabits per second) why? Yes I know it says time Warner, that's the only option they had, I have charter spectrum. But my ISP says I should be getting about 400Mb/s,
    so it's not my ISP's fault. Also my xbox one x IS connected via ethernet and not using wifi.
    I get a gig/s but my xbox only downloads games from 100 to 200 mb/s this is because your xbox wont take full advantage of your internet speed. Each device only uses a certain amount of mb/s whether you have a gig/s or 400mb/s speeds. You wont ever get downloads
    higher that 200mb/s speeds consistently when downloading games.
  5. Deepak Dhayal Win User

It's not that I am not getting speed. I am getting full speed till first 25-30gb for all games. After that speed is reduced to 1mbps.
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Yes, I understood your story. And the solution would be this configuration that I sent.
Thema:

1. Xbox s download speed issues - Similar Threads - download speed issues

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  6. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  7. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  8. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues: Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi I restarted the Xbox I...
  9. Cricket-22 Xbox(PC) Download Speed Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cricket-22 Xbox(PC) Download Speed Issue: Hey Guys, Hope you all are doing well. I've got a bit of a issue while trying to download Cricket 22 on my Xbox (PC). Initially, the download speed is good at 20-25 Mbps, but the proble is, after...
  10. Xbox series s download speed issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s download speed issues: I have bought Xbox series s and i started downloading games .I don't know the download speed just dropped to 0 and stays there for hours and suddenly I get good download speed about 100 Mbps for...