Xbox Rewards app asking for region change

Discus and support Xbox Rewards app asking for region change in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; If I try to open Microsoft Awards I get a message that says I need to change my region to access it. I'm in the UK have a UK purchased series x which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DystopianLeader, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Xbox Rewards app asking for region change

If I try to open Microsoft Awards I get a message that says I need to change my region to access it.

I'm in the UK have a UK purchased series x which I have been running fine for a year. Never had region problems before and have never changed that setting.

My region is set to UK on the Xbox

My Microsoft account region is set to UK

If I login on the https://account.microsoft.com/account website Everything is in English except for the rewards tab which is in Italian!

I've tried changing all language settings in my account and on my xboxt, then changing it back, restarting the console, doing a full hard reset...nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know what the problem or have any clue as to anywhere else I can change any settings? I assume the issue is with my Microsoft account itself but there's no one to ask, the rewards people said speak to xbox and the xbox support just goes around in a loop.

I'm out of options here so any help would be appreciated.

Just to note I'm in the UK mainland so there's no weird region thing with it being an unusual area such as a UK owned island or oil rig or something.

Thanks

:)

DystopianLeader, Jul 7, 2022
  2. DystopianLeader Win User

Sorry for the late reply but thought I'd leave some feedback.

Unplugging my ethernet and tethering to my phone I am able to open the rewards app without issue :)

Once I do this I can plug my ethernet back in and access it like I used to, this however only lasts until a reboot of the console. It must have something to do with how the xbox is connecting out to the internet, i.e the DNS it doesn't like but changing a plethora of settings and setting static or manual ip makes no difference.

Thanks for the help though as it's SOMETHING at least, and means that I can access rewards albeit with a lot of messing about
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Dystopianleader

I faced something similar with Rewards app in the past.

I solved it sharing mobile data via wifi Hotspot and connect my console in that way.

In case you didn't try it, please do it

Also, if maybe the issue persists even with mobile data, try changing your DNS settings on the console:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

(Also try with 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary if the previous DNS didn't work)

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

That should work buddy but share additional feedback if necessary, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  4. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Microsoft rewards

Are you trying to use the rewards app on xbox one? Have you tried going to your console settings and changing your region then changing it back?
  5. XBLRewards3 Win User

Support

Hi Nenon. You are unable to change your Xbox Live Rewards region to your current Xbox Live region because the program is ending. In order to get a deposit, you must change your Xbox Live region to match your Rewards region, which is MEX.
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

Is it possible to change region?

Hello iHunt81,

Since Xbox Live Rewards is transitioning to Microsoft Rewards in the US region, where you have registered, there is no way to change your Xbox Live Rewards region.
Thema:

1. Xbox Rewards app asking for region change - Similar Threads - Rewards app asking

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  4. Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox: Hi there, Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but for the past few days the Microsoft rewards app has not been opening from the xbox dashboard and don't really want to lose my 120+ weekly...
  5. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  6. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  7. Xbox Rewards tab isn’t showing in my Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Rewards tab isn’t showing in my Xbox app: In my Xbox Game Pass it shows that the quests have moved to the Xbox app but the rewards tab isn’t showing FYI: I am on IOS 2a86d6ab-2ef8-4370-b0fb-05a08531473a
  8. No "Earn Rewards" in my Xbox App section

in XBoX Accessibility
    No "Earn Rewards" in my Xbox App section: Hi guys. Recently Microsoft relases an update in my country, Italy, that adds to Xbox App section (Mobile or PC) the section "Earn Rewards" with all PC game quests for Rewards Points I tried to...
  9. How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?: Each time I try to open my rewards app on console it states that I need to update my location and won't allow me to go any further so therefore I have lost my streak and Microsoft support haven't...
  10. Xbox Rewards app asking for change of location

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Rewards app asking for change of location: HI, I can see from the many threads on here you are having a major issue with the rewards app on Xbox not knowing where it is. Like many other people i also have this . I can see when logging...