Xbox remote will not work after plugging in to charge made a noise and burnt smell

Discus and support Xbox remote will not work after plugging in to charge made a noise and burnt smell in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Please tell me how to repair and remote that won't turn on after pluging to to a charger it had rechargeable energier batteries in the remote still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Brad Brunette, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Xbox remote will not work after plugging in to charge made a noise and burnt smell

Please tell me how to repair and remote that won't turn on after pluging to to a charger it had rechargeable energier batteries in the remote still working just fine pluged in made. Weird noise and made a burnt smell now it does nothing except make a low buzzing sound when plugged in to a charger. Please tell me repair options as absolutely cannt afford to replace the remote, like how to take apart the remote correctly and wat not PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MICROSOFT help me

:)

Brad Brunette, Nov 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox remote will not work after plugging in to charge made a noise and burnt smell

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Brad

Probably the circuits for the battery are damaged.
    In your case the best option is request a replacement for your controller if it's on warranty.

If your controller is out of warranty the best option for you is repair the controller in the closest authorized retailer or where original parts are used
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Remote turn off burnt smell

Hi Z98Z8807,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with an Xbox One controller producing a burnt scent. I'd recommend checking out our

Device Support
    page or use the
    Contact Us
    portal to speak to an agent about warranty and servicing options.

I hope this helps.
  4. SoullessCodith Win User

Please take out the batteries immediately. I would let it cool down and try different batteries. If the same issue arises it might be fried.
  5. HollywoodBull Win User

I would recommend contacting Microsoft or wherever you purchased the controller from as this could be a faulty one and at present for safety purposes avoid using that controller
  6. TurboTim1995 Win User

Hey there, best thing to do now is to take out the batteries of the remote and do not use it in any way. After that contact Customer support and talk directly to an MIcrosoft employee. They can help you better with this problem. Click

HERE
    to go to the Support page of Microsoft
Thema:

1. Xbox remote will not work after plugging in to charge made a noise and burnt smell - Similar Threads - remote plugging charge

2. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  3. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  4. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  5. Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone: I cant connect my remote play everything is enabled and im signed in on the app and console but the app just shows my pfp and says “turn on your console and sign in with your account” but it is on...
  6. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  7. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  8. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  9. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  10. Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.: When using Xbox one and Xbox companion app on IPhone. I join a party in the app and can talk through my headphones. As soon as I remote play a game on the app, my headphones disconnect from my...