Xbox remote play to laptop: Trying to reconnect

Discus and support Xbox remote play to laptop: Trying to reconnect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have started using my laptop as a display for my Xbox one. It works fairly well. However every 10 minutes or so when I am in the middle of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alden Frumkin, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Xbox remote play to laptop: Trying to reconnect

Hello,

I have started using my laptop as a display for my Xbox one. It works fairly well. However every 10 minutes or so when I am in the middle of playing my game. The error which says: Trying to reconnect: "We're unable to connect with the server. Please check your internet connection." Appears for around ten seconds and then disappears. It appears the my game continues in the background because after the error goes away my game resumes but ten seconds later.

Thank you.

:)

Alden Frumkin, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

We may need to refresh the connection between your Xbox and your network connection. Please follow the steps below:

“ 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.
    3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.”
  3. Alden Frumkin Win User

No more errors.

Thank you very much
  4. Francia J. Win User

That's amazing news! You're welcome, Alden.
  5. Francia J. Win User

That's great news, Alden. Also, yes, the next step will be plugging in the console directly on your router using an ethernet cable.
  6. Alden Frumkin Win User

It worked mostly I still received a few errors but they were rare. If you have something in mind that would completely remove the errors that would be great however the current situation is fine I guess. Also would plugging the Xbox in the the router via an ethernet cable fix it.

Thank you
Thema:

1. Xbox remote play to laptop: Trying to reconnect - Similar Threads - remote play laptop

2. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  6. Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing: I have recently tried to start using Xbox remote play and cloud play. The main issue is remote play. Remote play runs almost smoothly but it has MASSIVE screen tearing. And cloud play loads...
  7. Is remote play between PC and Laptop possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is remote play between PC and Laptop possible?: Is it possible to remote play a game from Gamepass from my gaming pc in my house to my work laptop in my house? I want to fish on Call of the Wild The Angler while I am working and not DL the game...
  8. why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop?: i’m trying to play fifa 23 for series s/x on my xbox using remote play from my laptop and each time i get into a game wether that be kick off, skill game or practice (anything that requires me to...
  9. No video when remote playing to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No video when remote playing to my laptop: Hello, Long story short. When I remote play to my phone, I have not issues. Audio and Video is there. But, when I try and remote play to my laptop all I get is audio. I've had this issue for a...
  10. why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?: hi,my remote play is working when the laptop is connected to the same wifi as the xbox but as soon as i go somewhere else and use a different wifi remote play doesn't work on the laptop. any...