xbox remote play or external play is so poor and outdated! when will xbox fix this?

Discus and support xbox remote play or external play is so poor and outdated! when will xbox fix this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am used to playing on my laptop with google stadia with 4k resolution and it is fantastic. Now that stadia is shutting down I have puchased a Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EirikHaga, Jan 12, 2023.

1. EirikHaga
    EirikHaga Guest

xbox remote play or external play is so poor and outdated! when will xbox fix this?

I am used to playing on my laptop with google stadia with 4k resolution and it is fantastic. Now that stadia is shutting down I have puchased a Xbox Series X in hope of a good alternative, but 720p-1080p playing from my own hardware in the same house on the same network is so werry poor and useless

I used to remote play on my xbox one 1gen to laptaop back in 2015 and the image quality is almost the same now, we are now entering 2023, microsoft common please make a better app for playing local on same network as xbox series x is connected to.

I am not talking about cloud gaming here that is ok as it is. I am talking about an app for local play, it should be possible to stream 4k or 1440p no problem over local lan to laptop or mobile phone that support 1440p or 4k

Hope this will be fixed in 2023, ontil then I will have to use Nvidia Geforce Now to get 4k 60fps on my laptop. I am so dissapointed over the poor quality on xbox remote streaming. why is nobody talking about this? are people happy with 720p - 1080p resolution? it is just like a nintendo switch graphics. Nintendo switch is a 1 teraflop consoll, Xbox series X is a 13 teraflops consol but acting like a 1 teraflop consol while playing remotely to pc or mobile phone

There is nothing wrong with my network or xbox settings. But now when I play on GeForce now to my laptop on 4k 60 it works perfect like gaming supposed to , and then going back to my xbox series x playing local external play via Xbox app for windows capped to poor 1080p It sucks ��. Im am an grown up man at 37 yrs old with 3 kids, I can not occupy my tv all day long to play games, most people can't, so playing on laptop is an good alternative.

It is cool te get access to my console outside of my home and playing on the go I understand the low graphics 1080p it then has to offer. But xbox treats me just as I am on the go when I am at home. So playing local remoteplay home on the same network to my Xbox Series X works like I am playing on a cloud gaming service not directly from my console. In my opinion remote play and cloud gaming are two total different things, Stopp treat it like it is the same.

Playing xbox on mobile app capped at 720p what? comon!

Do 720p mobile phones still exist? maybe back in 2012. Have you ever played on a 4k tv and then started same game on 720p on mobile phone? it is a so sad experience.

This Technology is outdated we are now in 2023. Microsoft is supposed to be the most advanced technology company out there, people will find out sooner or later. Xbox are in a hurry to keep up with GeForce Now that they have released rtx 4080 tier support for 4k 120frames over cloud and it works perfectly.

I am so disappointed for that I have to be locked to my tv for a good gaming experience on my Xbox Series X !!!

:)

EirikHaga, Jan 12, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Remote play is designed around your average home network conditions You're comparing a consumer device built to be sold at a loss to a fat pipe datacenter service. You haven't said how your PC and Xbox are connected, if you're using wifi, wired will improve performance.

All of streaming things are handled by dedicated hardware in the GPU. No matter what the device. They're limited to 1080p

You're comparing a game system to the latest GPU sold for $2-2500 for professional applications.
  3. Triet Nguyen Win User

Remote play on Xbox App

I have similar issue.

What doesn't work:

• Remote Control from Standy On : Cannot touch Xbox button or Turn On Console to truly power on the console.
    • Remote Play from Standby On: Cannot connect to the console, even though the router can find the console connected to network, can ping to the console through router console.
    • Game management: cannot install or uninstall games
    What does work:

• Change console name: using Xbox app to change console name, the updated name reflects on Xbox app Beta, Xbox Game Streaming (Test app) for PC. This means the apps still be able to connect to the console, sending signal to the console.
    • Remote play when Powered on: remote play/console streaming feature can be used only and if only the console is turn on, with the Xbox button on console lighted on. Work on both External and internal networks => not related to NAT(Open type) or Remote settings because all testings give green status. ==> However, having the console turn on directly in-home or having someone at home to turn on the console for me is not the point of remote play. The console is supposed to be turn on in background for remote play from External network!
    This issue should be fixed before anything else!
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox

Hello EirikHaga,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. Based on your description you are getting poor quality of remote play on your laptop. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

For us to better understand your concern, we would like to ask for few things:

1. Please post a screenshot of the remote play quality and conceal any personal information.
    2. Please post a screenshot of the local play quality and conceal any personal information.
    3. What issues did you encountering on streaming 4k?
      • On laptop:
      • On mobile:
    4. What issues did you encountering on streaming 1440p?
      • On laptop:
      • On mobile:
    5. Do you mind sharing more details about your concern?
    6. Have we sent a report to Team Xbox about this?
    For playing remotely, it is best to say that we should at least meet the minimum system requirements to start gaming. That is why we would like to ask for more detailed information about your concern. Thread: How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

Minimum system requirements

[table][tr]AppsThere are a couple ways to play Xbox console games remotely:
    • Xbox app for mobile
    • Xbox app for Windows
    For mobile app setup details, go to: All about the Xbox mobile appIf you don’t have the Xbox app for Windows installed, it’s free in the Microsoft Store: Get the app[/tr][tr][td]Xbox consoleXbox One or later consoles need to be configured for and connected to the Xbox network.Note If you're having trouble connecting to the Xbox network, see “Get help with remote play” below.[/td][/tr][tr][td]OS version
    • Android 6.0 or later
    • iOS 13 or later
    • Windows 10/11
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth 4.0 and greater
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Internet connection
    • 7-10 Mbps
    • Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network will work but isn’t currently optimized)
    • Cellular network connectivity is also available
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Controller and inputs
    • We recommend using an Xbox Wireless Controller connected via Bluetooth or a USB cable. Mouse and keyboard and touch are currently not supported for remote play gaming.
    • The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 isn't currently compatible with iOS.
    Note Depending on your device manufacturer, wired controllers may or may not work with your device.For more info, see: Set up Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller[/td][/tr][/table]

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Marlow-123 Win User

Fortnite on xbox is giving my controller double inputs and I don't know how to fix it

So the only fix is to not use remote play?
Thema:

1. xbox remote play or external play is so poor and outdated! when will xbox fix this? - Similar Threads - remote play external

2. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  3. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  4. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  5. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  6. Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.: When using Xbox one and Xbox companion app on IPhone. I join a party in the app and can talk through my headphones. As soon as I remote play a game on the app, my headphones disconnect from my...
  7. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. Remote play issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue: When i connect to the remote play from pc and start it and i enter the Xbox homepage the screen starts getting pixeled and can't see anything 3de69956-cee9-4f72-8272-b58b8fd59601
  10. Can you do remote play from your phone when games on a external hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you do remote play from your phone when games on a external hard drive?: Can you xbox remote play games from external hard drive? e73ac7bc-2c47-4579-a3b9-ed05b37c6b7f