Xbox remote play only works 30mins-1hr after console is shutdown.

Discus and support Xbox remote play only works 30mins-1hr after console is shutdown. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just bought an xbox series S and ive ran into issues with remote play. everytime i try to remote play from the xbox app it gives me the error message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cameron Buchanan, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Xbox remote play only works 30mins-1hr after console is shutdown.

Just bought an xbox series S and ive ran into issues with remote play.

everytime i try to remote play from the xbox app it gives me the error message "Try again in a while"

ive tried from my phone, my ipad, and the PC with the same results.

the only thing that ive found that temporary fixes this is by going to the console turning it on, turning it off. after that the remote play works flawlessly..for maybe 30 minutes. then the next time i try to remote play again i get the same message.

ive tried xbox support several times and have tried everything they suggested:

-cleared mac address

-reset console to factory settings

-completely shutdown xbox, unplug all cables, unplug router, wait 5 mins, plug back in, clear local saves

-ive made port forwards for:

port 88 UDP

port 3074 UDP/TCP

port 53 UDP/TCP

port 80 TCP

port 500 UDP

port 3544 UDP

port 4500 UDP

port 4900-5000 TCP/UDP

-ive set a DMZ for the xbox

the xbox is wired with ethernet and speed test shows it is getting 500mb/s download, 15mb/s upload, 42ms latency

the remote play test shows all green checkmarks and showing OPEN.

im using xfinity for internet provider using the xfinity xfi gateway router.

the error code is cV: JoahU0aSQVxvlY1WoPlLcX.4

and the app is still able to recognize the state of the xbox as its accurately indicating its in standby when its in standby, or on when its on.

:)

Cameron Buchanan, Jul 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Cameron. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If you already factory reset the console and all your devices (phone, computer and iPad) show the same error, I would suggest you to try a different network on your console.

For example, if the console is connected wired, try remote playing with the console connected wirelessly. Test on your three devices. If the issue persists, please also change your console ports and DNS servers:

- Go to Settings > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Select manual. It will ask you to manually fill your primary and secundary DNS IP. Try with these two combinations to see which one performs better:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

After that, on the same screen, go to Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart. This will restart your console. After the restart, go to Network settings again > Advanced settings > Alternate port selection. Try with each one of the ports.

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to ask back any questions.
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

game update

Hello are you having a problem where its not tracking your gameplay. Like you played a game for 1hr but it only shows you played for 30mins??
  4. juan van Win User

Power Saving feature makes watching films impossible

Go to settings and System then Console Settings and you want Startup and Shutdown.

In there you will be able to change the 1hr to what ever you want or just to turn it off.
  5. Giovanni P1 Win User

XBOX Remote Play not working over wifi

Hi,

that procedure does not work. Nothing happens if I start my xbox then press the power button for 10 secs. It just shutdown.

Edit:

I reset the console from Settings -> console info -> reset, keeping my games and saves.

Remote play is already enabled. I try with my mobile connected to the same wifi and it does not work.

I switch to 5G network and remote play works again.
  6. IPC Paranoia Win User

Im having a huge problem

SRG Sparkle that doesn't help since it goes full no problems with connection.

Also tried above taidra and it keeps me on for maybe 1hr-30mins then boots me off saying that error message.
Thema:

1. Xbox remote play only works 30mins-1hr after console is shutdown. - Similar Threads - remote play works

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  4. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  5. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  6. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  7. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  8. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  9. Over wifi remote play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Over wifi remote play doesn't work: So, remote play is borderline unplayable (using xbone). I have found a work around in which I stream the console to my desktop, and then I can remote into my desktop with my laptop using...
  10. Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play: When I try using the gamepad attached to my device this pops up and the support page links to the default xbox support page and nothing helpful, is there any way to fix it? [img]...